New to Tablet PC - Need help on Deciding please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blblblbl, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blblblbl

blblblbl Pen Pal - Newbie

don't forget that they have 3% education discount, and maybe your university bookstore could have a good deal and should have a much better customer support than any retailer.

There's absolutely no point having the optical drive all the time. Stuff like DVD movie image quality is seriously hampered by any screen protector (I need one because of the iron ring i'm wearing). I removed the drive from T4020 and put in the weight saver, which probably save half a pound or something. I can hot-swap the two modules for burning CD and stuff.

2. megaman1x

megaman1x Pen Pal - Newbie

Fujitsu has a 3% education discount? How do you go about getting that 3% discount? I haven't been to the bookstore at med faculty yet. I'd have to see if they even sell Fujitsu laptops. I know they sell apple computers/notebooks.

So if you remove the optical drive, you have to insert something called the "weight saver"? What is that exactly? What would happen if you just remove the optical drive and left that bay/space open without anything replacing it?

3. blblblbl

blblblbl Pen Pal - Newbie

I showed my student card to the reseller, and he took a photo copy of it... but my guess is that a letter of acceptance could be ok.

the weight saver is just a piece of plastic frame included in the original package ... i dun see any reason not putting it on... i mean all kind of stuff can get in an open space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.