New TC4200 - thanks for all your advice

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Hillbilly, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Pen Pal - Newbie

Have had my TC4200 for about 3 weeks. Like other posters, I was disappointed by how slow the tablet was at startup.

Have prevented a lot of rubbish loading at startup and have just added 1 gig of memory from Crucial. The difference is phenomenal. I am now delighted.

I've tried OneNote but didn't get on with it. Am trying Journal now. Have also bought Tablet Enhancements for Office.

Thanks everyone for all your advice.

Hillbilly

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good luck to you. The boot may be slow, but you shouldn't ahve to turn it over very often and I'm sure your RAM has helped in general a great deal.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If OneNote isn't your style, you might take a good look at Go Binder 2006. If you are a student, it is perfect. If not, this software is still incredible for taking notes and organizing them.

4. Hillbilly

Thanks Barry. Have downloaded a GoBinder trial, but I'm not a student and also use Outlook extensively, so will have to work out how useful it would be for me.

I read a very fair comment from Chris Pratley (I think) the OneNote guy, who said people need to invest 5 minutes in finding out how to use a product. I have to confess I haven't been very patient with OneNote so maybe I should try a bit harder!

5. HT88Nuke

HT88Nuke Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been using Franklin Covey's TabletPlanner for about a month now and would highly recommend it. It synchronizes with Outlook with the click of a button. You can also print items to the TabletPlanner 'printer' and then organize and annotate memo's, emails, etc. all within a tabbed system just like the standard paper Organizers we all used to use.

I was close to getting GoBinder myself but, not being a student, I found TabletPlanner to be a better solution for corporate/business. Thanks!

http://www.franklincovey.com/tabletplanner/

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Hillbilly

I've tried hard to get hold of a trial of Tablet Planner and abandoned it in frustration The web site has multiple routes through to the trial download page, many of which don't work as expected. I have requested the trial twice previously and haven't received anything back, so gave up.

I really would like to try this software so will give it another go. Have registered again!

Have you had any problems with it? I have read of crashes and general unreliability, which given the confusion of their website too, did worry me a bit.

Hillbilly