New Tablets on the Way

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ryan52, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cutie4032

cutie4032 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Barry,

Any ideas on what pricing and weight will be like for any of these new models? It has become a big factor for me, and I'm curious to know whether or not it is worth the wait...

Otherwise it looks like I might be stuck with a the monstrous R25 :(

P.S. Do you know if any of them will at least be here in time for the back to school rush? Us students here w/out tabbys are all trying to figure out whether or not to gamble it since it's a huge investment for a college budget, and we haven't had much help from the companies so far :confused:

Thanks in advance... great site by the way, helped me learn a lot about tablets and hopefully lead me to make a good decision.. got this site bookmarked in my Mozilla tabs and i'm telling everyone i know to get one ;)

2. L337Llama

L337Llama Pen Pal - Newbie

I need a tablet by mid august, so the time to pull the trigger is coming near. But hearing about a possible new Acer makes me wanna wait... Too bad its too much speculation.

Do you think Acer would be like Lenovo on the x61 and be like... it's coming...
    or just come out one day and be like... you want tablet? We got tablet, and bring it to the market with it's announcement?

3. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

In my brand-biased opinion, the only one of these upcoming models that might be worth waiting for is the Lenovo.

Other than that one, I doubt any of them will bring anything really new to the table, and how much better can they be then the available models (insert T4210 plug here).

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

.. and a damn fine plug it is too Rob.... [​IMG]

5. ryan52

ryan52 Pen Pal - Newbie

When will the next slate tablet be released?? Specifically one with a core duo processor.

P8RSON, in regards to the screen question, I want to know from those who have viewed multiple tablets which screen was the most impressive to look at. Maybe I should start with this, of the major brands who makes the best screen (Fujitsu, Motion, Lenovo, Electroyva,...)?

Thanks.

6. cutie4032

cutie4032 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well honestly i was hoping for better price to feature ratios, even though many of the features will be the same... i'm not all that disappointed with the current models out there, but many are just out of my budget.

Even customizing the R20 to where it is decent runs about 1500 without tax, and the R25 has a much lower processor than the R20, so I was hoping the newer models would be a little cheaper with similar attributes.

:cool:

7. ryan52

ryan52 Pen Pal - Newbie

Will the sale on the x41 tablet entice anyone waiting on the x60 tablet ?

8. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

doubt it the x41 is dreadfully slow.

9. Videlicet

Videlicet Pen Pal - Newbie

Perhaps I am reading too far into it, but does anyone think that the X41 sale might mean that the X60 is coming pretty soon? Lenovo would not want old inventory just sitting around because of anticipation of its newer model. It would also help the company squeeze the last bit of profit out of an old line before it makes even more profit from the new one.

10. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

im pretty sure the only reason they have x41s still around is becuase they were slow and nobody bought them. I was going to buy one at the beginning of this year but it was way to slow to spend 2400 dollars on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.