New tablets and convertibles from CES 2020

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Jan 6, 2020.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Tomorrow marks the start of CES2020, the Consumer Electronics Show taking place in Las Vegas from Jan 7-10. Please post in this thread if you spot any exciting new devices, and I'll update this post with a summary. Also, happy new year! :hi:

thierryb and DRTigerlilly like this.
  2. JoeS

OK I'll start, anybody here interested in new Huion devices? This sounds right up our alley: "Additionally, 10 press keys located on both sides of the panel can be programmed separately to realize 20 different functions." :cool:

upload_2020-1-6_12-12-55.png

godofiron, Marty and doobiedoobiedum like this.
  3. JoeS

4. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

Awesome! Breaking through 1080p has been a long time coming. Though I wish they'd go with a more tactile scroll wheel like Xp Pen instead of that touch bar.
    There's also a 13 inch model that was just announced that cuts down the cables to just one. I wrote about it in another thread.

JoeS likes this.
  5. JoeS

The Lenovo Fold has apparently been shown just before CES, expected to be released in 2020 according to androidauthority.

Edit: it now has its own tpcr thread.

Edit: see also on Ars Technica. Interesting, Lenovo also showed "a new, dual-screen ThinkBook with an E-Ink panel on the cover." Seemingly talking about the e-ink panel, they state "You can write and draw on it using a new Lenovo Precision Pen, read documents on it, and choose to receive pertinent alerts like calendar, message, and email notifications on it."

CES 2020 is already interesting, and it hasn't even started! :D

upload_2020-1-6_14-52-47.png

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    thatcomicsguy and darkmagistric like this.
  6. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Works out at 122 PPI, not complaining though - that's a big improvement on 1080p above 15.6 inches.

I found the Touch Bar on my now sold 13 worked fine, it was pretty solid and worked fine. It was just the small screen size that put me off.

Learned my lesson last time, I waited ages hoping someone would do a bonded, etched screen but Huion's first release was 13 inches. Now that nearly everyone has a 15.6 with tilt / bonded etched screen, I can wait.

Oh - apart from Artisul. Once a great competitor, Artisul have today updated their 16 inch to 16 Pro but the calibration is apparently just horrible both on PC and Mac. They are suddenly 3-5 years behind XP-Pen and Huion.

Cuberdon75 likes this.
  7. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

8. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Scribbler - Standard Member

9. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  10. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Oooh, seismic. It's not just a collision with Huion's 13 inch screen tablet - it takes on all those XP-Pen Star or Deco and Huion Inspiroy users who have been looking to connect a graphic pen tablet to their android phone. I confess that I've got one of each of the aforementioned XP-Pen pen tablets in my shopping basket for use specifically with my own phone. There are other people out there who will buy a cheap pen tablet to use with an android game called "OSU" but there are also others like me who want to use the FlipaClip App on their Android phone with a tablet. It's a powerful and dirt cheap little animation app which is surprisingly powerful - especially the sound editor.

The XP Pen tablets will beat the Wacom One and the Huion for one simple thing - the phone has to be used in Portrait mode and the last two (named) only work in Landscape mode when connected to an Android device. The XP-Pen automatically detects that the phone is in portrait mode and sets the drawing mode to portrait.