New Tablet user extremely frustrated

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by JonJacobs, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonJacobs

JonJacobs Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got my HP Touchsmart and eagerly started using it.

The little window that lets me write (what is it called?) is nice. I write a couple of words and tap insert and it goes into my Word document. Wonderful.

So I start doing serious work. I write three or more words and the little symbols on the right go away and the insert button disables. The only way I can get it back is to close the little window and start over.

I can only insert one or two words at a time. Ridiculous! I'm moving from frustrated to angry.

How do I prevent the insert button from being disabled?
    How do I get it back if it is disabled?

Please help me. So far my new computer is worthless!

Jon

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The window that you referring to is called the Tablet Input Panel or TIP for short and it's aware of where the cursor is. You simply need to place the cursor in something that can receive keystrokes like the text box in a web page or like program like Word. The insert button will automatically enable itself.

If you have further questions pass them along as more than likely someone here will have an answer.

The tm2 is an amazing device and can do so much it can be a bit overwhelming. Take your time and play around with it a bit and form a list of questions and submit them here and I think that will help you out.

Also read though the sticky of Tips and Hints as there is a Lot of useful information there as well.

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Maybe you'd be better off writing in Onenote or Journal and converting there and copying to word?

4. JonJacobs

JonJacobs Pen Pal - Newbie

>place the cursor in something that can receive keyst
    Thank you very much.

Jon

5. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

With Windows 7 you can also set up the TIP (Tablet Input Panel) so that it lurks at the edge of your screen as a pull out tab.

In XP and Vista (?) you can configure a hard button or an icon to trigger the TIP to appear.

That way if for some reason your application doesn't automatically recognize that you want to start inking, you can grab the TIP manually and have at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.