New T4220

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by kureshii, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gadget

gadget Pen Pal - Newbie

I will be really interested to find out how this turns out and what you did to resolve it...

2. Smoothcrm7

Smoothcrm7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hah well since someone asked i might as well update this
    I called there escalation team after being told by the chat person they really had no idea. So the person on the phone was very kind and professional and told me they'd call back in 1 hour to do more research. They told me that they currently did not have a fix for this and really had never heard of the problem before. Im wondering how many people have used the anytime upgrade and had the same results. Thanks!

3. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone here know how to change the contrast on a T4215? Is this even possible? I'm enjoying the convenience of this tablet pc, but the look of the display is just killing the satisfaction...

4. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I doubt contrast adjustment is possible - settings aren't even there in the GMA950 driver.

You could try Adobe Gamma software calibration though, it helps a little. What exactly do you mean by the look of the display? If you mean brightness, it is unavoidable that tablet PCs have dimmer screens than laptops...

5. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Kureshii.
    Well when I say look of the display I mean the viewing quality. I'm sort of used to it now, but whenever I'm in the company of someone with a normal laptop with a glossy screen and higher resolution it's embarassing lol. They don't have to say it, but you know they're thinking "you bought that? Of course that's just a minor thing I don't really give a damn about what somebody else thinks of the tablet, but the display in general is a bit under par I have to say - it looks washed out when I increase the brightness even a little bit. Maybe it's just mine, but the graininess is hella annoying (at least I hope it is the graininess).

6. Dally

Dally Pen Pal - Newbie

Then you flip it around and start writing directly on the screen. They don't have to say it, but you know they're suddenly feeling inferior and inadequate.

=P

7. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, I don't know about the graininess since I haven't noticed it on my T4210 yet (honest!), but when I compare my tablet with other people's laptops they don't say anything because their glossy screens are covered with fingerprints =) I guess i just have friends who don't take care of their laptops too much huh...

Higher resolution and brightness would be nice, but at this point in time the XGA's viewing angles put it on par with the SXGA+'s superior resolution, IMO. When the guy on the train 3 seats away glances at my screen every now and then, I think twice about editing documents on my T4210...

And I don't even need to write on my screen, Dally ;-) I just need to read notes in portrait mode. Standing up. They know their laptop can't do that, and even if it could it would be too heavy to hold. But then again, Singapore doesn't have a very well-established tablet user base.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.