New Synaptics Touchpad drivers out!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by MacHater, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Juke

Juke Pen Pal - Newbie

Uninstall all the Synaptics drivers and then try installing the new drivers and Scrybe. I also have a first gen tm2 (1079cl) and Scrybe works fine.

2. Fkn0wned

Fkn0wned Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed the new synaptics drivers from the website now the little orange mouse pad light is on and my mouse pad works still.

like the disabled light is constantly on and i can't actually use it to cut off my mouse pad, anybody else have this issue?

3. Feralboy

Feralboy Scribbler - Standard Member

Fkn0wned, there has been a problem with the light on/off functionality with the trackpad. Even if you use th approved HP upgrade to the driver, I believe it breaks this functionality. HP apparently doesn't fix things like this, so your only real solution is to do without it, or roll back to the HP driver that came with your machine. Strangely, mine is off with the patch update. If I tap it, the light comes on for like two seconds and then goes off again. The pad is "off" for that two seconds when the light is on, but comes back on as soon as the light is off.

UPDATE: Just tried it again and it's NOT "off" even for the brief couple seconds when the light is on. I have a feeling that this would take a developer a couple minutes to resolve, but it doesn't look like HP budgets ongoing improvements. I've learned to live without that functionality.

4. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

so, it works with ctrl+shift, but the settings menu always open after a restart+hibernation. A little annoying, also do not see much use of it when tapping doesnt work to bring it open. maybe i missed the option to uncheck it during install.

I see some are saying that turning off the touchpad doesnt work, but works here. On previous drivers it would just revert in a second.

5. Zergling

Zergling Blarrrrrg

it worked for me too when i installed it but i tried setting a touch zone (under tapping in the synaptics settings) in the top left corner to see if i could make it so that 1 touch would open the browser and double-touches would turn on/off the touchpad. however the touchpad on/off switch stopped working completely after that, even when disabling the zone. i haven't tried reinstalling the driver yet as i'm not in a big rush to get it working but just so everyone knows, setting a zone command in the top left corner of the trackpad will probably break the on/off switch if it's working for you

6. jonpet

i set the top right zone to open the bowser, and that seems to work.

Also it seems the synaptics drivers are evaluation copy?

Attached Files:

• syn.jpg
      syn.jpg
      File size:
      46.2 KB
      Views:
  7. Zergling

Zergling Blarrrrrg

yeah i moved it to bottom left, i kept hitting it on accident when i put it to the top right

also i'm not getting evaluation copy. what i do find odd though is that even though my current driver says dec 22, 2010, windows update offers me to update it to a driver released in may 2010

Attached Files:

8. jonpet

These drivers are strange,-
    Installed this driver Synaptics_v15_2_7_C_XP64_Vista64_Win7-64 and everything worked.

Now clean installed win 7 sp1 with this driver, and the off light is always on.

Uninstalled it and installed Synaptics TouchPad Driver fsp49194 2010-06-22.
    This driver would originally not turn off the touchpad, just blink the orange light two times.

Now this driver works and i can turn off the touchpad. So tried installing Synaptics_v15_2_7_C_XP64_Vista64_Win7-64 over it, and now the light does not work at all and not able to turn pad off.

So reinstalled fsp49194 again and it works.

so far:
    1. Turn off\on works with the light
    2. Turn off\on not working, light constantly on
    3. Turn off\on not working, light not working.

9. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member

I have also reinstalled for windows 7 sp1 and i had the same problem with the synaptic official driver. The touchapd turn-off light is always on and the functionality does not work.

I simply uninstalled synaptic drivers and after a few restarts windows 7 found its own drivers and now it works.