New Synaptics Touchpad drivers out!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by MacHater, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member

Just use 'tap to click'? I have been using it forever and it is very easy. One tap is a click. In order to drag just double tap and with the last tap hold down your finger and just drag away.

Unfortunately after trying I STILL do not like the two finger scroll implemented with this application. It still is jerky and not consistent. I use the program to two-finger-tap for right click, just that is a very needed thing for me.

Just being able not to use any of the physical buttons is important to me. I now us Chiralmotion for scrolling, I think from all possible scrolling methods this works best.

Apple does two finger scroll so good ... they have a really good driver for this - maybe this little program will also get better in time.

2. fastangel

fastangel Pen Pal - Newbie

Umm... the 2-finger scroll program is NOT "jerky" AT ALL. You must be doing something wrong. It should be pretty close to Apple's.

Did you DISABLE the Synaptics' 2-finger scroll? Without doing that, PLUS also disabling pinch-zoom in Synaptics, it's a mess. After that, you can also adjust speed etc in the program's settings.

Now, the program's two-finger right tap thing IS jerky, but it's usable. I use it all the time.

3. MacHater

MacHater C++ Programmer/PC Gamer

Good news, I've modified the source code for the two-finger-scroll program and fixed the physical-button dragging (and also double-tap-drag with two fingers) for them. Two finger scrolling still works as it did before with original program (I use "Smart scrolling" so that apps like VMWare can use "Compatible").

Thank god I'm a C++ programmer :)

4. DigiMarco

DigiMarco Pen Pal - Newbie

How is that feature enabled? I installed the new driver and it completely disabled the double-tap-to-disable feature. I can't find anything in the config, either :(

5. MacHater

MacHater C++ Programmer/PC Gamer

Woah, you jinx'd me man.

It was working fine yesterday (yes, with newest Synaptics driver). I just try that now, and it won't do anything. DAMN YOU!

6. Juke

Juke Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know if y'all knew this, but I discovered that the 3-finger flick in IE8 acts as the back and forward buttons, and in iTunes it changes the song

7. Thom4s

I think it might be program related. The thing is that it has a variable scrolling speed. I did a test and when a website has loads of flash and images it scrolled slower and then when there was a part on the website where there was nothing on screen i scrolls over that area real fast. So when scrolling the page does move jerky.

I tried it with very simple webpages and then it is very smooth.

I have now installed IE9 which has hardware acceleration for rendering, maybe it will be better.

8. niranjan162

niranjan162 Pen Pal - Newbie

turn the amount it scrolls down from 3to1

9. Thom4s

I do and i use smoothscroll so i can scroll pixel per pixel.

I noticed I has something to do with the acceleration. Without acceleration the scrolling is a lot better but now its hard to scroll a lot in one time, thats why now I would also like inertia scrolling.

THen it will really be perfect :D

10. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

can not get scrybe to work on 1. gen tm2, but the window always appear on resume or boot. Anyway of disabling this?

Turning off the touchpad works now with these drivers