New Synaptics Touchpad drivers out!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by MacHater, Jan 30, 2011.

1. MacHater

MacHater C++ Programmer/PC Gamer

get it here:
    Drivers | Synaptics

I find the touchpad being more accurate now; no more randomly jumping cursors.

And also it has scrybe bundled. I could not get 3-finger tap to work, but 3-finger swipe worked. So I had to use Ctrl+Shift to bring up scribe.

Other than that, it works.

2. Zergling

Zergling Blarrrrrg

nice, it fixes the glitch there the touchpad would turn itself back on when you'd go to turn it off. seems to be working well

3. papi

papi Scribbler - Standard Member

Didn't work for me. The right button was disabled. Rolling back to the HP OEM version 1.00a.

4. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member

I guys I am wondering if any of u use the 'two finger scroll' feature?

I recently received a macbook pro from work, i have been playing around a bit and the two finger scroll on there is amazing.

I have tried enabling it on the tm2 but it really sucks.
    - it doesnt do anything half the time
    - sometimes scrolls up or down very fast and hard to control precisely
    - jerky movement

Its actually to the point where it is pretty much unusable.

I have tried changing some settings but things didnt improve very much. Any tips for making this work? Because I really like the idea, using the scrollborder feels cramped.

Also a two finger tap for right click menu, is this possible?

I have been looking inside the drivers and on the synaptic website but that didnt help me, the only thing i saw on the synaptic website was clever marketing for something that doesnt really work in practice. Its great for single touch though, so at least thats ok.

5. fastangel

fastangel Pen Pal - Newbie

Re: two-finger scroll, here's what I wrote last year, which I highly recommend:

1) The Synaptics-provided two-finger scroll is utterly useless. It's pure stupidity. You need to DISABLE it. Then download and activate this program (free, no installation). This is a gift from heaven for all tm2 users. Without this, I would have returned my tm2. (NOTE: I also recommend disabling the tm2's pinch-zoom function, otherwise you'll end up zooming webpages accidentally every minute. Besides who needs a touchpad pinch-zoom when we can do that on the tm2 screen?) Another amazing benefit you get from this is that you'll never have to use the annoying touchpad buttons again! Because now you can do a "one + one finger" tap anywhere on the pad and do the right click!

2) TURN ON "MOMENTUM" (under the "pointing" menu) so you can "throw" the mouse pointer instead of moving your fingers actually doing all the traveling. Perhaps not for everyone, but I love it.

Both combined, plus some more sensitivity adjustments etc., you'll end up with a very nice touchpad!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member

OMG that is exactly what I was looking for.

Two finger tap for right click is awesome and two finger scroll is way better recognised, not perfect but very good.

Amazing how a third party dev can do this while synaptic utterly fails to make something work even half decent.

7. Juke

Juke Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for sharing. The Scrybe function is fantastic! The only thing that's not working right is the button for turning the touchpad off. It doesn't work and the red light is on, instead of the white one. Not really necesary for me, but sometimes seeing the red light annoys me a little bit.

8. MacHater

Always red light for me, since day 1. So I think it's normal?

9. MacHater

Wow, this guy's implementation is fantastic: near perfect.

It's so good it even works in VMWARE guests!

Synaptics' own scrolling implementation does NOT work AT ALL in VMware guests. But this guy's does! And does it well!

I can't believe I didn't try this earlier!

(Now just waiting for the side scrolling and circular scrolling to be implemented so I can disable those too in Synaptics ;) )

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. MacHater

The only downside is, your physical buttons are now useless for things like dragging. (w/ third party app)

Click down, and you try to drag with other hand, and it won't drag.