New Synaptics pen - HP Active Stylus

Discussion in 'Dell' started by TheAleSch, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAleSch

TheAleSch Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys have u saw the Spectre x360 the new convertible ultrabook from HP? Well, it uses an Active Stylus from Synaptics named as HP Active Stylus, maybe it works with Venue PRO.
    Here is the link to buy it:
    http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-active-pen
    Sadly it still requires a AAAA battery, that also doesnt sell in my country D=

I would be very happy to try it but this pen isnt being sold in my country. If anyone try could please put the experiencie here? Thanks

2. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think that there is a good chance that it will work with the DV8P, as the Dell active stylus will work with the HP Pavilion x2 tablet. But would need to be verified.

Having said that, the Dell active stylus is around half the price of the HP . . . .

3. TheAleSch

TheAleSch Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah the price is a thing, but if it doesnt hover click, and the baterry last longer worth it =D.
    Edit:
    Unfortunately it will take so much time for me to put a hands on that pen... if someone tried at a store os something like this pls give us some feedback.

4. Mikerman

My Dell hovers, but doesn't hover-click.

5. Sighn

Sighn Pen Pal - Newbie

Is that with the new 750-AAGN (750-AAHC EU) stylus and is this a standard issue it?

6. Mikerman

Yep, the newest version Dell Synaptics active stylus for the DV8P (the half silver, half black stylus). Nor did I have an issue with the A02 all-black version.

7. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

mobiletechreview used both latest Dell pen and HP pen on Spectre x360. They mention the Dell pen (new silver one) is actually much better

8. Mikerman

Thanks for that info. re the HP active stylus as compared to the Dell--was wondering if the extra cost for the HP stylus was worth it. According to the reviewer, seemingly not.

9. Goeto Dantes

Goeto Dantes Pen Pal - Newbie

How did you resolve your Dell Stylus issue with the HP Spectre? I'm having the same problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.