New Surface Pro 2017 heating up during charging

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by shaheen, Nov 24, 2017.

1. shaheen

shaheen Pen Pal - Newbie

I bough it few weeks back. I just noticed yesterday that during charging the upper back becomes pretty hot to touch. Is it normal or I have got a defected device?

I must mention that it is i5 version and otherwise when it is off charger and being used it is not using up at all ( my use is not CPU intensive any way).

I guess I need to investigate it further. I need to go to a store and try to check a display unit of it is behaving in the same way or not.

Thanks for any replies. BTW I am on Falls creators update.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<... I just noticed...that during charging the upper back becomes pretty hot to touch. Is it normal...>>

@shaheen : I've not checked the back of my nSP while it charges, but I can say that it's normal for the fans to come on early in the charging cycle and to stay on for a period of time. My guess is that your nSP is acting normally, but the next time that I charge my unit, I'll check the temperatures on the back. If I notice anything noteworthy, I'll report back...

3. shaheen

shaheen Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys! I am sorry. It was a false alarm. I rechecked twice and no such issues any more. Tablet remains cool even while charging.
    Thanks for the reply.

4. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

It is normal for it to get warm while charging sometimes.