New Surface Models?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Bronsky, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

For computers, I've found Japanese electronics stores to be very disappointing. You're right; it's a few global brands and then a load of half-arsed Japanese brands (I've yet to see a new Vaio). Then there are some stores where the staff hover around too much. To be fair, I think I've just described a UK electronics store too, except they have pushier staff and more global brands (but lower end, or bizarre configurations). The only decent electronics store I've ever been to was in Germany to be honest.

My section recently got a new laptop, and I got the joy of setting up this errr... wondrous... example of Japanese corporatism. I couldn't believe how much they paid for that pile of poo.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't see a new Surface coming out this half of the year. Maybe in October/November?

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

...My thinking is also second half of the year. For a while, I was wondering if Panos would wait for the new "Spectre-proof" processors to hit the market, but now I think he's just waiting for a decent period of time to elapse (since June, 17) before the next introductions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.