New Surface Models?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Bronsky, Nov 8, 2017.

1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry, but I don't really care. Except if it became a way for Samsung to decide to give us new devices. EMR is now a must for me, since I discovered that Samsung is able to give us Windows devices with the perfect pen. I just need that Microsoft gives us the perfect Windows. But I really appreciate that Microsoft made the market improves with the surface line.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

You hit the nail on the head Joe - although I realize that the demand for even thinner Twiggy tablets is all the rage, making nuts and bolts much harder to use, it does lock you in to insane SSD up-charges to boost the vendor profits...it's kind of like the 70's when you went to Ford to look at Mustangs and the salesman whispered "You really don't want to be seen driving a FOUR CYLINDER Mustang, do you?"

PS - that 1974 Mustang II abomination four cylinder produced 88 horsepower and 116 lb-ft torque; my 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV pushes 181 horses and 221 lb-ft torque from its electric engine alone... 0 to 60 mph at 15.1 seconds compared to 7.6 seconds on the Clarity - my how times have changed - everyone says I'm the one driving a grandpa car...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    thatcomicsguy and JoeS like this.
  3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

My local electronics store, called EdiON, is doing a campaign for computers, there were ten counters with different portables. Some impressions:

Tablets were Android (Apple insists on is own counter a bit away and close to the entrance), there wasn't a single Windows tablet. Zero pens. Surface had a two item counter, one SP4 and one Surface Laptop. No Book and no 3. The rest was Fujitsu, Toshiba, NEC, Iiyama, Mouse Computer and Acer was the only foreign brand. All the Japanese computers looked like they were made by a committee consisting of people who hated each other with venom and just tried to ruin the life of others.
    They were clunky, inelegant with strange color selections with a desire to make the keyboard a stark contrast to the rest of the computer. Didn't see a single device with 8th generation i5 or i7 CPUs. Biggest hard drives were 500 GB and for SSD it was 256 GB. Looks like the Japanese has given up and handed the market to Koreans and Chinese.

YVerloc and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

5. dstrauss

June 20, 2014 - the day Wacom died on almost all Windows devices...Bye bye Miss American Pie

Drove my tablet to the office and the Wacom was dry
    And them good ole boys were using N-Trig on by
    Singin' this'll be the day Wacom dies
    This'll be the day Wacom dies

6. dstrauss

At least Samsung won't let me down on Windows - would they...:(:oops:

What if Galaxy X is NOT a folding Galaxy Note, but a Galaxy WoA Tablet...:D:D:D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think you mean Ativ X. Galaxy is reserved for their Android devices(and maybe Tizen).

8. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Samsung does not have a clear brand naming strategy as evidenced by the Samsung Galaxy Book, Samsung Galaxy Notebook + 9 Pro/Pen.

Before Galaxy only referred to Android devices, that's no longer the case.

Tams and bloodycape like this.
  9. dstrauss

It is a big a$$ galaxy out there, isn't it...

10. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

The Clarity is sharp IMO. Enjoying it?