New Stylus Pen for EP121? Anywhere?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by burhangondal, Dec 25, 2012.

1. burhangondal

burhangondal Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,

As my title indicates, I am looking to buy a new stylus pen for my Asus EP121. I have read through all the possible threads on this forum for alternative/replacement stylus penabled pens for slate but it seems like there is none available anywhere at all except this one ASUS EP121 2 Button Stylus/Pen | Extra Tips | More expensive version of original | eBay .

I am a Physics major and I use this tablet extensively for my classes. Even though the stock pen seems to be working fine but I want a backup just in case the stock one decides down on me. Does anyone have any link to any website for an affordable purchasing of these pens? except the one on ebay which is for like $99 bucks.....

Please do share if anyone have anything. Oh and I live Canada if that makes a difference...

Thanks in advance:)

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  3. Sacardo

Sacardo Pen Pal - Newbie

It makes a big difference that you are Canadian. I know this because I am Canadian and I had one hell of a time finding a replacement that would fit into the pen silo and have a right click button on it, for a reasonable price. Luckily for you, I found an answer to this problem a while back. The link below is the only pen I could find that meets the criteria I just mentioned:

Penabled Tablet Pc Eraser Pen: Amazon.ca: Electronics

4. JackBFlippinNimble

JackBFlippinNimble Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow. The link you posted in the OP is the same pen I bought in a 3 pack when I first got my ep121. It was around $11 I think for a 3 pack. Now he is selling 1 for $99. What a ripoff. And if it is the me one, it fits in the silo.

5. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Yeap ..99$ plus shipping for ONE pen is pure greedy, even more than OEM Wacom.. but we live in a supply and demand world.. Perhaps, someone in Taiwan can access a truck load of the surplus pen again.

6. divya

divya Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The 6mm tip is actually quite imprecise compared to the Wacom stylus. For fine control with capacitive styli, the Jot stylus or the GoSmart stylus appear to be better options. Even those, I don't believe they will match the precision of an active digitizer (and they won't have pressure sensitivity).

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Gioanna

Gioanna Pen Pal - Newbie

9. stylusshop

stylusshop Pen Pal - Newbie

10. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You may also want to consider the Modbook pen (Wacom p/n UP-816E-70A) from Axiotron. Dual side switches and fits in the silo. Can't ask for more ;)

Also as a reference for all compatible Wacom UD pens, please refer to my little guide.