New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazcubed

tazcubed Pen Pal - Newbie

Does the stylus come with an eraser function? Why on earth Lenovo fails to include this simple item onto the back of the stylus doesn't make sense. It certainly speeds up making corrections at times when handwriting.

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

The pen has 2 buttons. I am fairly certain it comes by default as an erase and lasso button. They can be programmed by the Wacom pen manager for other functions.

3. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

It's not their fault; to my knowledge none of the N-Trig or Wacom AES pens have a top button/eraser.

4. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

The Yoga 14 (Broadwell) also could take 16 GB RAM.

Changes between the Yoga 460 and the Yoga 14:
    - New rechargeable pen with silo
    - New 2560x1440 display option
    - Slightly lighter than the Yoga 14
    - mDP and new Onelink+
    - New CPUs
    - WWAN

Its definitely a lot smaller upgrade than the Yoga 260

Yep. From what I have heard, pretty much.

I don´t know why you consider the pen the pen to be worse - at least it has two buttons instead of one, compared to the pen of the first ThinkPad Yoga.

Yoga 260 is completely new all-around, with a new chassis. The real bigpoint of the 260 is the weight - there are many smaller changes that make it better compared to the Yoga 12, but the weight is the biggest difference. We had the Yoga 12 there for comparison, and compared with the light 260, the Yoga 12 felt like a brick. The 260 is much more comfortable to hold in your hand and use it in Tablet mode.

Many smaller changes include new ports (finally mDP and full size HDMI, the miniHDMI was a joke), new status LEDs (for example for charging), WWAN (which is also an important change - first Yoga to ever feature LTE), no more HDDs, only SSDs (which is really good considering how it lowers the weight. HDDs are really not fit in such a light and mobile device), slightly different keyboard and touchpad, and Skylake CPUs. There are more changes, but these are some of the more important ones.

Where did you get that idea from? To quote Lenovo " The ThinkPad YOGA 460 will be available starting in October in select countries and January in North America with enterprise features. "

At least in Lenovos case, its seems like it.

tazcubed likes this.
  5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Does anyone know about brightness for the screens? The Thinkpad 12 2015 still had an exceptionally bright 400 nit screen with an anti glare layer. This was important to me and my work. Any news on this account on the new ones? I thought I read 300 but somewhere, which is very much not bright enough, sadly.

Also, any news on a successor to the Thinkpad 10?

6. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

So the 460 could be available in select countries as early as next month. I wonder if that could mean the UK or Australia?

I wonder if we'll see a price drop for the current 14" model? If it goes at a firesale price it could still be tempting.
    I suppose the Yoga 12 2015 is the last non-Cintiq product to use Wacom EMR?

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

The one thing that I'd really have liked to see is a reduction in the bezel size. Still a lot of wasted space around the edges. Other than that I prefer the boxy shape of the TPY12 compared to the tapered front edge of the 260, but I may be alone in that. Still, very happy that they were able to drop the weight below 3lbs as I've been begging for all over the internet. :)

Bronsky and czm2000 like this.
  8. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, the new 260 has a 300 nits screen, rather than 400 nits. The model on display had a display from Chi Mei Optotronics.

ThinkPad 10 2nd Gen was announced on Lenovo Techworld a few months ago. Details: http://lenovolearning.bhivesoft.com/bhive/t/1004/course_launch_frame.jsp?id=8404

9. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

How many nits is the 460?

10. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Anything special about the Chi Mei screen? The very bright screen was one of the Thinkpad 12's selling points, in my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.