New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Punching this in google it comes up with a page that doesn't look like a silo pen, and a description that includes "There is an USB Pen holder in the box, you could easily to keep your pen attach to your ThinkPad System." Wrong part, or wrong page? Edit: or maybe I was reading it wrong and you were intending to give the part number of the larger pen? :confused:
    [​IMG]

Edit: so whatever the intention was, the part number for the silo pen is apparently 4X80K32537, and that one looks like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Vlad1214 and tazcubed like this.
  2. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

00HN895 is the correct part. I too ran into this problem last weekend. I actually lost my stylus at the seminars we were putting on. DUMB! Just so busy and not paying attention. Anyway, try as I did, I was unsuccessful at ordering a replacement. Looks like they're just not available for parts order yet. So in talking with Lenovo I said so basically my only option is to take the whole damn thing back to BB and exchange it for another. And they said, well technically yes, but I can't do that unless something is wrong with it. So I said, well as luck would have it, when I put it into Yoga mode the top right rubber foot catches the plastic ever so slightly and makes an audible clicking sound. It just so happens that now bothers me enough that I can live with the device the way it is. So I walked into Best Buy, and exchanged it. Whala, new laptop with Stylus, AND now NO clicking sound. So super glad I went to the trouble :)

3. czm2000

I can now also confirm the display port is not functioning. Bummer.

Very strange too. I plug it in and it appears to be trying to do something, but then the laptop freezes up for about 15 seconds and then goes back to normal, but no external display. I unplug the display port and plug into the HDMI and it works right away. Interesting. I hope it's as simple as a driver or firmware update.

4. brain

brain Pen Pal - Newbie

they took the site for the silo pen down, I posted it up a while ago but it isn't working anymore http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/4X80K32537/460/41E9A3C3FB5A45A9AC47C56812E4188C#overview
    Maybe it's because it references the 460?

5. brain

brain Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  6. TruenoGT

TruenoGT Pen Pal - Newbie

While I ended up returning mine, when I did have it, the mini displayport worked great with my Dell U2713HM at 2560x1440. I'd recommend making sure all the Windows updates are up to date as there were a fair number of updates I installed after I got it, including some drivers. Check the Nvidia driver as well via Geforce Experience or downloading right from the Nvidia site.

7. pen user

pen user Pen Pal - Newbie

It works for me on my DELL P2415Q monitor at 4K/60Hz. Only issue I noticed was when I use the extend display option, the P2415Q would flicker at times; but if I use P2415Q as the only monitor it works fine.

8. czm2000

9. brain

brain Pen Pal - Newbie

thierryb likes this.
  10. czm2000

Oh, very cool. For some reason it wasn't showing up on my phone. Just tried on my PC and can see it now. Thanks for sharing!

If I'm understanding the description correctly, the pen can hold up to a 19 hour charge? That's much longer than I would have thought. I believe I read somewhere else that it charges to 80% in 5 minutes, so I'd say that's gonna work out quite well. I won't be worring about it dying in the middle of the day if I haven't charged it throughout the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.