New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

1. cbutters

cbutters Scribbler - Standard Member

man oh man.... these devices are looking sexy.. supercap dockable pen is very nice, and the weight reduction is as well.... Its going to be hard deciding between this and Surface Pro 4 in Oct/Nov.

Bronsky likes this.
  2. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Kinda makes me feel better about the fact they were pulling models or never releasing them, if it was to usher in a new product line. I mean, what would have been the point to put a product into circulation with a few month life cycle. Especially considering the amount of time it takes beginning to end in regards to supply chain. Now, this only holds true if they actually release the darn thing next month.

But really it will probably be mid to late November before anyone can get their hands on one since even if they launch it by the end of Oct, they'll probably slap a 2-3 week production time on it for the early ones, and if popular that could stretch out to 6-8 weeks putting the majority of those who want one waiting till the middle to end of December, and that's all if they release it before October is out.

It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds....

-Chris

stormi likes this.
  3. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

So, for us professional art-types, EMR is still the way to go? That's a shame because 14" screen with dedicated gpu would be great.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  4. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

They are very nice indeed. The Yoga 260 is very nice and very light. Its definitely much lighter than the Yoga 12, so the specs are true this time^^

I was told that the Yoga 460 has 16 GB as the maximum. In this case the data sheet is wrong :D

stormi, soh5 and JoeS like this.
  5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Never a dull moment with the Lenovo marketing department.. o_O

soh5 likes this.
  6. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wouldn't say that. It's more a matter of preference. Which do you value most: accuracy or hover distance/palm rejection? The wide variety of EMR pens and nibs is also a factor to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

I sure hope it's 16GB, it feels wrong for the larger unit to not only have less Ram but DDR3 instead of DDR4 too.

Seeing as I have given up on a drawing device for the time being I will be looking forward to whatever crazy developments happen with this product.

8. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Interesting. Thanks for the reply and insight, Rick! I'll be curious to see some hands-on reviews when these are released.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Actually, the decision will probably be quite easy, since Lenovo isn't likely to get the 260/460 to market before April and the Surface will ship on time.:rolleyes:

dellaster and soh5 like this.
  10. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Dang ,all this news is bad news..lol....now I'm thinking
    of waiting for these models to come out before I buy a Thinkpad yoga 12 or 14 or the SP4.
    The wait can be pretty agonizing.....been thru this many times over my owning tablet pcs.
    I'll need to keep track of my BP and mental state until the good news about these being shipped.

Bronsky likes this.