New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Wow, if anyone had any doubt that this is a real problem.. :( incredible!

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, I definitely didn't doubt it since when I tried it for like 25 seconds I could see the faintest hint of it starting. But it went away almost right away.

That test scares me as it's crazy bright so I didn't do it any longer.

But for me, I've been leaving bright windows open for hours on dark desktop background and when I move them there's nothing so that's good enough for me. With my TPY 12 if I move a window with a white background after 5 min there'd be a burnt image of it for like 20 min!

I'm just hoping that since it can be proven it does exist, that it's not something that worsens over time.

I'll be grabbing a 2 year next business day on site warranty, so they'll just be replacing that sucker as many times as necessary!

Well the Surface is a solid device Sher I hope it brings you happiness :)

3. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, too bad. I just hope this does not get worse over time.

My T440s (AUO screen) also had some ghosting, although very mild. In contrast, the ThinkPad Twist of my farther has very bad ghosting (though it does not seem to bother him :D).

The Surface is also a solid choice.

4. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not that they're Saints, but I just can't believe Samsung would produce a screen that would display this type of problem. Disappointing. I'd expect it from a no-name brand or similar. But Samsung should be better than that.

5. karpov

karpov Pen Pal - Newbie

I've read somewhere that the 460 will be launched in october/early novembre in Europe and only the 260 in January (together with the silver versions).

Jeroen likes this.
  6. pureAXIS

pureAXIS Pen Pal - Newbie

7. fpwhite

fpwhite Pen Pal - Newbie

I notice that my mic key was a little loose, and after carefully snapping it out (since I am getting a new keyboard anyway) I found out that one of the plastic hook was broken too, just like my down arrow. I made sure that it wasn't broken in the process of me snapping it out as I can't find the missing "leg" nearby.

To be fair, only a few people here got this product, and most experienced issue. Although there may be selection bias where only people with issues speak up, this is still a very bad sign about how durable this batch of TYP14/460 really is.

I will need to make a decision whether or not to return this by the following, and I am starting to feel that maybe I should go with a sp4 instead...It will set me back $300 for the same spec (w/o the gpu, which I probably will never use) after student discount, and I really wanted the supposed ruggedness of thinkpads. :(

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Oh man,... the pen performance is FANTASTIC! It's got the same pressure curve behavior and responsiveness of the Wacom EMR as my T902, but the edge accuracy is MUCH better. No more edge jitters either.

I can't wait until the thicker barrel pen arrives next week.

I will try to do a quick video today.

ibmthink, JoeS and czm2000 like this.
  9. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

I know, but its not yet time to talk about this one. :)

Its very surprising. I mean, of course there are many IPS screens with some mild ghosting, but Samsung appeared to be one of the better vendors in this regard. LG is more known for ghosting problems.

I have been told that Lenovo has worked closely with Wacom to perfect the pen accuracy for the new products, as they are betting big on pen-enabled convertible products.

10. pureAXIS

pureAXIS Pen Pal - Newbie

lol stop teasing, a workstation level Yoga 14 would be awesome.

czm2000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.