New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fpwhite

fpwhite Pen Pal - Newbie

So Lenovo is giving me 3 options.

Ship the whole thing back for them to install a new keyboard, ship a keyboard to me for me to install, or I bring it to a local server center.

Obviously the second option is fastest, but I am wondering how technical would that be? I have built a desktop myself and changed parts frequently, but I have never opened up a laptop, can I have some advice what is the best option for me?

P/S: They wouldn't ship me just the key caps, although if they ship me a keyboard maybe I can just plug that key out and snap into mine lol...

2. Sher The Love

Sher The Love Scribbler - Standard Member

Doesn't seem too bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. fpwhite

fpwhite Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I also checked the user manual online and it seems dead easy since it can be done directly from the top. I will opt for this option as it is most convenient...

4. Sher The Love

@hobojo

Please let us know if you're able to pick one up tomorrow.

5. Sher The Love

Aaaaaand it's back. A store in my area has them for store pickup tomorrow. I'm going to head over there tomorrow to see if I can find one with the Samsung screen (which is the one CZM has that doesn't have any apparent burn in). Keeping my fingers crossed...

Edit: The laptop comes up under search and I was able to get to the product page earlier. Now it just comes up under search, but takes you to the page where it says it's unavailable. From the search results, you're still able to look up which stores have it. Might be fixed by time most of you read this.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    czm2000 and fpwhite like this.
  6. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, that's the right choice. I've done it several times and it's super easy.

7. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's great news!

I'm showing 4 stores within a 100 miles or less of me have it in Stock and ready for pick-up. One store is 20 min from me.

I was starting to feel like I'd be one of only 3 people in the world who had this version. Now lots of people will at least have the chance.

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'm soooo glad there is a store near me with it stocked. I just found out that the Skylake 15W in it is slightly more powerful than my T902's Ivy Bridge 35W CPU.

It would have sucked to stay with the Broadwell version that benches worse than my 3 year old T902.

As a side note, it is impressive that it only took 3 years for Intel to slash more than half the power draw required for the same CPU capability.

Mesosphere likes this.
  9. karpov

karpov Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everybody! I'm following the discussion from about 2 weeks to collect informations about this new skylake yoga 460. Someone know when it will avaiable in Europe? I didn't by the (now) old thinkpad yoga 14 to wait for this new model and Lenovo answer me it will avaiable "soon". If you have more informations about please answer me. Thanks!

Jeroen likes this.
  10. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

Is this it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.