New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I believe that is correct.

2. tomyg

tomyg Pen Pal - Newbie

Any luck uploading?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

3. fpwhite

fpwhite Pen Pal - Newbie

My first issue has occurred: the down arrow key fell of in the middle of the use and upon inspection of the key, one of the plastic placement that holds the key in place apparently broke. I have only used this product for 4 days and certainly have not abused it, so this is disappointing. I am still trying to contact lenovo to get a single key back.

Attached Files:

4. czm2000

Sorry, haven't even started. For some reason, even though it was framed properly on my phone for some reason the video came out in portrait mode. One of my pet peaves is when people do that and post them. So I couldn't do that myself.

Anyway, I had to yank it into Premier and fix the orientation. Doesn't help that I rambled for over a half an hour

Anyway, it's encoding right. Should be done in about 15 more minutes. Then I'll work on getting it uploaded. It's nearly 4GB and 1080p so it's taking a little bit longer.

Hang in there

tomyg likes this.
  5. czm2000

Been a while since I've done that but everytime I did it was cause I was trying to maneuver from being shot and I was a little too into it!

6. tomyg

tomyg Pen Pal - Newbie

Brilliant. Nice one

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

7. fpwhite

fpwhite Pen Pal - Newbie

Just submitted a ticket. Since this is my first time dealing with lenovo I actually don't know how the process would be like. Will it be painful to get a single key?

Also, since this happened, I took a picture of what the keyboard looks like:

Attached Files:

8. czm2000

The only Lenovo I did that on they sent a whole new keyboard!

But I've the other two devices were Toshiba and both times they just sent the key.

9. pdjmwj

pdjmwj Pen Pal - Newbie

If I have offended you that was not my intention, but I seem to have touched a cord somewhere. Apologize for posting 3 time, I've removed the offending posts. I thought this was a place that both good and bad should be posted and others should be made aware to check out this feature before purchase. I have used those suggestions short of returning or contacting Lenovo support. Those were suggested and I was responding above to it not being a hardware issue. Drivers are not something Lenovo can just ship to me that are special or a fix.

I refer to this as an ELAN touchpad to distinguish it from the other Synaptic touchpad. What would you call it? If those drivers worked with it I would use them but they do not.

10. czm2000

No, not offended at all. And quite the contrary I'm sympathetic to your situation since I've been there.

This absolutely should be a place for good and bad.

I was just mentioning that I was trying to engage and help in some way since you had posted the same thing pretty much several times. They didn't seem like additional observations or more questions, etc. Just the same 'Lenovo screwed this up with the ELAN Touchpad'. Which honestly, maybe they did. I'm just not affected by it.

But in my experience when someone is repeating themselves they're looking to be heard and for someone to engage them. So I did.

I apologize if I sounded offended or if I was abrasive and I definitely did not mean for you to feel like you have to tone down your discourse or delete posts. Feel free to speak your mind

Cheers!

JoeS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.