New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

1. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

Under Sensors in Device Manager, I have:
    HID Advanced Sensor Collection V2
    HID Sensor Collection V2
    HID Sensor Collection V2
    HID Sensor Collection V2

And my rotation lock is in the notification area...
    [​IMG]

2. triops44

triops44 Pen Pal - Newbie

So whats the conesnsus with the screens? Can people post their screen MFG and the brightness levels in their opinion? I have the BOE screen and its pretty dim compared to an x220 and the colors are more washed out, but the text and images are very sharp, not too bad BLB

3. JungleCat

JungleCat Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you guys know what is the max output resolution supported by the BBY14 through the HDMI port? I'm looking to buy a new monitor, preferably one with a ratio of 21:9 and a resolution of 2560x1080. Would this be possible?

4. DanielNTX

I can get HDMI to do 4K on my Vizio M50-C3.

5. harpseal

harpseal Pen Pal - Newbie

I would think any decent new-ish 21:9 monitor would have a DisplayPort input on it.

6. kinonotabi

kinonotabi Pen Pal - Newbie

IMG_20160726_214641_HDR.jpg
    My stylus pen order finally come today, Dell active pen PN556W.

Pros:
    - Good weight, comfortable to draw
    - Great pressure sensitivity
    - Pointer detection more than included pen for TPY 14 bb about 2mm farther

Cons:
    - Doesn't have nip spare, default is like hard plastic and slippery on screen (on par with included pen)
    - Barrel button not so easy to recognize when in use but much better than included pen
    - Not included coin cell battery for bluetooth power so I can't use cap button at the moment (It will on pros side when it working)
    - Doesn't have nip cap, It might breaking the nip when falling at nip first.

Plans:
    - buy coins cell battery 319 and spare aaaa battery
    - have a pen cover cap for stylus (I must trying every single manual pen cap to fit it at store)
    - try sticker barrel buttons for fingers to easy finder

Overall very pleasant to use Dell active pen PN556W with TPY 14 bb.
    My drawing experience is better than included pen, It just like using ordinary pen with ink ... but on plastic sheet not on a paper.
    It biggest advantage is so comfortable to handle than tiny included pen, even against some ordinary pen I had

7. dblkk

dblkk Pen Pal - Newbie

Good quick hands on. Have you tried to lenovo pen pro? That's what I have and use, but would be curious to see/read a comparison.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8. kinonotabi

kinonotabi Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry I don't have lenovo / thinkpad pro pen so I can't compare them.
    Actually I did order a thinkpad pro pen when I bought TPY 14 bb but somehow they sent me a thinkpad EMR Stylus :eek:
    Too bad the parcel take almost 4 months delivery time to my place which I can't complaint about wrong tipe of pen they had sent.

IMG_20160727_114649_HDR.jpg

Finally I got my needs today ... but forgot about sticker for barrel button :p
    I get important things from aaaa battery & coin cell spare for any shortage in the future to a fit cap for covering stylus nip ... yay
    I got the cap from zebra permanen maker with 2 point out inks, I don't know the type cause it written with japanese kanji text.

Other good news is button cap perfectly work when I insert 2 coin cell 319 / SR527.

Unique design of Dell active pen is they need 2 type of battery, For stylus use an aaaa battery and for bluetooth use 2 coins cell 319.
    It has separate compartment for each battery, this can having individually active function even when one type battery is out.
    Stylus can active without coin cell battery inserted with result in disable cap button function and reverse too, cap button can active even when aaaa battery taken out with resulting disable stylus ink function.

9. PY Lee

PY Lee Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,
    I have decided to pull the trigger and get the 460, but with just small questions that I would really appreciate some answers to.

I saw someone using the m.2 slot and put a ssd in it. But I have also read online somewhere that it shouldn't be used as boot drive or else the device may not wake up from sleep. Can someone confirm this information?

Does the 460 support 16Gb ram from Crucial?

Thanks again for any help.

10. DanielNTX

I have a 256gb NGFF ssd in iy as well as 16GB of ram and no sleep problems.