New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

1. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

I just got the X1Y. The beauty of the X1Y is the portability of it. If you don't need that, the premium they want is probably not worth it. If it weren't for traveling, I would've gone with the P40Y or the X1 Tablet alongside a P50 or T460P. It's amazing how many options there are now...

2. DaPiR8

DaPiR8 Pen Pal - Newbie

So the wacom bamboo stylus arrived and I am using it all day long for the past few days. I am pleased to report it is my new favorite stylus.

1. The grip is slightly better
    2. Paralax is the same as the lenovo large stylus
    3. The overall balance of the stylus is much better in my opinion, Even though the wacom is lighter, it is better balanced.
    4. The gray nib and "drag" resistance is much better in my opinion.
    5. The buttons are more pronounced and improved usablity.

I use it with the cap off. The thinkpad stylus wasn't bad, I just think the wacom is better.

I am currently doing a series of seven Architectural perspective renderings, 9 hours per day, in clip studio paint in pencil style and I feel much less fatigued at the end of the day.

Mahalo to alll for sharing info on the Bamboo.

I think I got to get a backup Bamboo now.

Anybody want to buy a used, full sized Thinkpad stylus?

czm2000 likes this.
  3. harpseal

harpseal Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to turn off the touch screen functionality while still leaving the pen input functionality working? I'd like to use my pen more but it's almost impossible to use without touching the screen with my hand and getting poor results. I'm not talking about sketching, just general pen input use.

Ultimately I wish there was an option that turned off the touch part automatically when a stylus was in range and re-enabled it when the stylus was away but that's a lot to wish for. :p

4. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's how it's supposed to work. Mine does disable touch when the pen is in range and then re-enables it when the pen moves out of range. Yours should too.

Sent from my GS7

5. Sher The Love

Sher The Love Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine was down to about 41 Wh and have almost 43 Wh since doing the Lenovo battery reset in their settings app. I've had mine since January and have 95 cycles. How is everybody else's batteries holding up? Not sure what is considered normal. It's probably easiest to go into the Lenovo settings app > power > and "show details" about the battery.

6. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my GS7

Sher The Love likes this.
  7. whitestsand

whitestsand Pen Pal - Newbie

Very happy, i just received my BBY last night! It had Windows 10 reinstalled so none of the drivers were on the laptop and I had to go thru and install them. everything seems to be working fine except when in tent mode the screen wont flip. I googled the problem and cant fix it. I have no option to turn the screen rotation on or off in settings. I noticed that a lot of people have been having problems with this on different laptops on Windows 10.. Please help...

8. mmshah

mmshah Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the tip I was looking at it from the windows utility log, Lenovo settings is much easier. Am at 41.07 Wh currently with 84 cycles, will do a reset tonight and see if it helps.

9. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

I had this problem when I wiped and reinstalled Windows 10 Enterprise. Downloading and running Lenovo System Update fixed it for me.

10. whitestsand

whitestsand Pen Pal - Newbie

system update didnt fix it..In settings/Display i have no option to turn on or off display rotation. Indivice Manager under sensors I only have one and that is wifi... not sure what else to do.. Any sugestions??