New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a_zhn

a_zhn Pen Pal - Newbie

Just noticed that PSREF486 is up and it seems they made a change to the graphics info for the TPY460.
    Before, in 485, it was "Intel HD Graphics 520 in processor only, or Nvidia Geforce 940M Graphics, 2GB DDR3 memory, ..."
    Now, it's been updated to say "Intel HD Graphics 520 in processor only, or Nvidia Geforce 940M Graphics, 2GB DDR3 memory (discrete graphics is only available in US); ..."

I really hope that that doesn't mean the BestBuy 14" version and that the 460 actually won't have dedicated graphics.
    If so, then Lenovo really dropped the ball on this one. Not only was the 460 delayed multiple times by multiple weeks/months, but they skimped on the dGPU as well as having prices much higher for lower configurations than the BBTPY14".
    Gaaarrraaaggghh

2. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

It's strange cause it has been available in Asia for weeks now..

3. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

Lenovo have always been good at three things: Long delays, lack of information and the ability to provide hope that eventually rots into disappointment. For shame.

a_zhn likes this.
  4. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, I hope this is only true temporarily. I was holding out for the 940M version of the Yoga 460 to come out.

The Bestbuy 20FY version has a glossy screen (same as silver Yoga 460), while only the black version of the Yoga 460 has the anti-glare coating. Also, only the Yoga 460 can be configured with OEM Windows 10 Pro (which has downgrade rights, while if I upgrade from Home to Pro it doesn't). That's why I'm not going with Bestbuy version.

It would suck to have to choose between discrete graphics and those other options.

5. DaPiR8

DaPiR8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay kinonotabi your sketch inspired me to play around with with clip studio paint and since I was on a flight with 5 hours to kill I doodled. I am impressed with the wacom digitizer though it did take some gettiing used to. Hardest part was getting to know the program features, so yeah I am slow.

When the the new i7 TPY460 / nvidia 940m ever comes out I do not think I'll need it. The BB TPY i5 /nvidia 940m handled just fine, running w/ clip studio paint using the 940m all the way. When the plane landed my battery was at about 30% - 35%. This is my first real dive into a digital sketch. I think l really like being able to ERASE accurately as needed.

Time to remove my make believe P40 from my lenovo shopping cart and stop dreaming of a i7 TPY 460 with a 940m.

Thanks for the inspiration. Let us know when your BB arrives.

Attached Files:

surfaceproartist and kinonotabi like this.
  6. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

Be aware that even though we can get the 940 here in Asia, it can only come with the i5, not the i7 and it only comes with the glossy display. If you configure non-glare, the 940 is not available!

7. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Pen Pal - Newbie

That is good to know. I guess I shouldn't be expecting 940 and anti-glare together. I don't care about the i7, but I was hoping to get an anti-glare screen.

8. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here. Slowly starting to lean towards the X1 again. However, I don't care a great deal about portability, and it sucks to lose the 940 and the full SD card reader.. But at least the X1 has a decent screen. X1 would be so much more tempting if they'd have it with Iris graphics.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  9. kinonotabi

kinonotabi Pen Pal - Newbie

woww ... That's what I call architect's art of sketching :thumbsup:
    I don't know what other people call our scratching communication drawing mean but I enjoyed other architect sketches as an art also.
    It shows each individual styles of design by their sketches, some draw with very clean and smooth lines and some with awful without feeling guilty to show of false lines like ours.
    Here's my other sample of doodling ... I want to draw without architectural intention in mind but I don't know why it became a houses in the end :vbbiggrin:

I'm sorry mom, I think I can't become an artist but a building worker so far

About my tpy BB ... It is still at custom clearance at the moment and I still waiting for miracle happen

Attached Files:

surfaceproartist likes this.
  10. Sid12345678910

Sid12345678910 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello I been lurking this post for a while now and just wanted to say I bought a thinkpad yoga 460 from the hong kong store. It has the i7 6500u and the 940m, 8gb ram, 500gb hdd(which I'm replacing with a 840 evo) and a glossy screen. Free 2 year Warranty aswell cuz of some promotion

I paid only 7800 hkd or 1000 usd or 710 pounds.

To anybodey who wants to get it from there wait till it's nighttime in hk and use offer code HKNIGHT for a good discount

I will be receiving it on 5th of April.

Does anyone know if the m. 2 slot can support a 950evo? I know it won't fit but will it work? I want to remove the hdd and run a ribbon cable adapter from that m. 2 port to the 2.5 area and just put some Blu take to stick in that m. 2 ssd... Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.