New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Diltareon

Diltareon Pen Pal - Newbie

The website slipped the Yoga 460's page again.
    Sadly, nothing on the page seems to have improved from the last time the page was briefly up.

This is how much a fully configured Yoga 460 is according to the customization page (most definitely error): $3,154.00 USD

[​IMG]

Missing the i7-6600U, and the dedicated GPU (940M G) option.
    The release date is supposedly March 15th, so maybe it will be fixed throughout the day.

The page is most likely an error since it refers the integrated graphics as "S460 IGPU i7-6600U", meaning they haven't finished updating it yet.

2. Phalanxes

Phalanxes Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo Australia once again dropped the price for Thinkpad Yoga 460.
    By using eCoupon 'TAYOGA', it'll reduce AU$911 from your price.
    Sadly you cannot configure the model with dedicated graphics, but basic specs (i5 6200U, FHD anti-glare, integrated graphics HD520, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD with 16GB SSD) only cost a mere AU$998/US$740.
    Hope this will be useful to anyone interested, but integrated GPU only is a big no for me.

3. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

That's a massive discount. How did you get that code?

4. i2000s

i2000s Pen Pal - Newbie

US website doesn't have the Yoga 460 page now. Still waiting, hope that was error for the price...

5. FiDeLiuS

FiDeLiuS Pen Pal - Newbie

I live in Switzerland and yes we do have high prices. The 460 i5 with 4gb ram and 500gb hdd costs 1700 Swiss francs, which is about the same in us$. Given the fact that the available i7 costs even more than the identically configured P40 it's definitely no bargain...
    http://shop.lenovo.com/ch/de/laptops/thinkpad/yoga-series/yoga-460/

6. Phalanxes

Phalanxes Pen Pal - Newbie

I was just chatting with the sales rep yesterday regarding my order.
    Apparently, they didn't have the exact model that I was looking for in stock, so they had to order one from the manufacturer in China.
    It is estimated to arrive at March 29 and I asked if they had anything in stock right now and any deals on them.
    She referred me to the basic model with no dedicated GPU and gave me that code.
    I can only assume that they might have shortage on Geforce 940M models worldwide.

7. Diltareon

New base price for the models:

Yoga 460 (i5-6100U / 4GB RAM / 128GB SSD): $1,079.10
    Yoga 460 with vPro (i5-6300U / 4GB RAM / 128GB SSD): $1,169.10

i7-6600U available for the vPro version +$350

Both comes with Intel HD Graphics 520.
    940M G (dedicated GPU) option currently not available on the leaked page.

DaPiR8 likes this.
  8. DaPiR8

DaPiR8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Glad to see the 460 up on the US site......for now....in the exact configuration Diltareon listed. Still I thought the i5 pricing would be nearer to the BB TPY14. Though it does have a WQHD (2560x1440).

Forward progress = Good

9. Diltareon

I actually don't see why anyone would go with Yoga 460 if there is no dGPU option since there are better alternatives available within the same brand.
    I tried maxing out the laptop and it comes around $2,000. At that point the Surface Book is a better option. The only thing it would lack is the storage expansion through M.2.
    Our office got tired of waiting for this and got the i7 model of SB line and everybody is loving this device. If you are trying to max the 460, try considering the Book.

At this point, unless you really need that i7, the BestBuy model should be a way better choice economically.

a_zhn likes this.
  10. cbutters

cbutters Scribbler - Standard Member

I have no idea why anyone would want this device without the 940M over many of Lenovo's other offerings. Hopefully the 940M is a configurable option later.

Looks like the Best Buy Model wins for now, here is my new review of it:

DaPiR8 likes this.