New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

1. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes there will, because there already is. Check the Lenovo Singapore website, it is available there in custom configuration since a couple of weeks. I live in Singapore and I want to order this one, but I'm waiting for the US version to be available, so I can negotiate a discount here. For example, the X1 Yoga costs about 50% here than in the US. The 460 seems reasonably priced though, for Singapore standards. Weird thing is that the 940M is only available with the i5 and glossy screen. As soon as you change to any other processor or an anti-glare screen, the option is no longer available.

2. Diltareon

Diltareon Pen Pal - Newbie

Yoga 460 popped up on the US website, but the price is ridiculous.

$1,974 base price for i5-6200U, 4GB RAM and no dGPU.

[​IMG]

3. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

It's gone. Must be an error as they start at S$1400 overhere. That should be about US$899 considering everything is cheaper in the US.

4. Phalanxes

Phalanxes Pen Pal - Newbie

Wanted to let know any Aussies in here that the they momentarily cut the price of Thinkpad Yoga 460 with eCoupon.

I've been watching the store since 16 February waiting for it to come to reasonable price, and it finally is. :)
    Got it through education store (extra 10% off) and manage to snag a decent specs (i5 6200u, WQHD screen, 940m, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) for just AU$1760 (US$1320).
    Laptop's part number listed as 20EMCTO1WW.

5. Scino

Scino Pen Pal - Newbie

I was told 3/18 is the new date. Hopefully, there isn't anymore delay. This is starting to get really annoying.

6. FiDeLiuS

FiDeLiuS Pen Pal - Newbie

It's now up on the Switzerland website, but basic version is 1700 bucks (chF or us$). The i7 costs 140 bucks more than the P40 with the equal configuration minus the dGPU.

I'm really opting for the p40 now, but will wait to see if better screens pop up

7. siglap

siglap Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems in Germany the version with nVidia is available for students, but will not be offered to regular customers. The Lenovo answer suggest that the one offered to students is sourced from another market. See link (in German).
    https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Sales-Beratung/Thinkpad-Yoga-460-mit-Nvidia-Grafikkarte/td-p/3279437

8. i2000s

i2000s Pen Pal - Newbie

Why it is no long in the US website today? The prices look like P40 Y. Maybe the manufacture thing is ready, but the website and price have been fixed?

Update: The CSP I asked today didn't give me an exact release date this time. Anyway, continue to wait.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  9. FiDeLiuS

FiDeLiuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Even the student version is no longer available with dGPU as discussed earlier in this thread... and the last answer in your linked discussion should make it clear that no 460 with dGPU will be officially available in Europe. Given the ridiculous high price of the 460, the P40 or the X1 yoga seem the better options

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  10. arg0

arg0 Pen Pal - Newbie

What country are you referring to? It seemed to me that the 460 costs considerably less than the P40 or X1 Yoga, at least in Germany and UK, when I last checked the prices a few days ago. Moreover, the 460 is priced about on par with the competitors from other brands.