New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorBunsenHoneydew

DoctorBunsenHoneydew Scribbler - Standard Member

460 is one ram slot. 16gb Max.

And don't get hung up on the levels. I spend 8+ hours a day jumping between "crappy" 256 emr tablets, full sized emr cintiqs, and this AES 460, and I literally can't tell the difference between 256 and 2048.

initial pressure, however, is immediately noticeable to me, and the cintiqs do a noticeably (although not dramatically) better job of registering very light strokes.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. arg0

arg0 Pen Pal - Newbie

That price tag is heftier than I hoped, because it's just for the FHD version. But good to know the wait for having it in EU is finally going to be over. Let's hope the price will adjust once it's broadly available on the Lenovo web site and retail stores...

3. WolfHauser

WolfHauser Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the wacom express key remote and can confirm it works perfectly on the lenovo. It's a separate device - you don't need to own something with wacom tech in it for it to work. People use them on Surface Pros for example.

It's a neat bit of kit, well made and has just about enough customisable buttons for me. The touch ring is a bit too sensitive even on its lowest setting which is a little unfortunate as it makes it kind of useless for me.

I switch between the express key remote and the wedge keyboard depending on where I'm sitting. The keyboard is really good for a desk and the express key is good for the couch or on the train (awkward spaces or places with not much room). Both work well though. I think you're making a good decision by just going with the keyboard at the moment. Someone pointed out that you could probably get an app for your phone to customise like the wacom remote but I haven't tried it myself as I wanted something tactile.

4. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Amount of pressure levels is ******** after 256 anyways. It's just arbitrarily dividing it after 256 levels IMO. You can divide into 10,000 levels but only thing you really notice is the pressure curve behavior.

It's all about the pressure curve. And since Wacom EMR and Wacom AES uses the same exact pen pressure assembly, the pressure curve behavior on the hardware level is identical.

DoctorBunsenHoneydew likes this.
  5. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

The Lenovo pen pro and the new Wacom pen coming out are 2048 levels though correct? Has anyone tested them to see the difference? (I know the Wacom 2-in-1 is not out yet)

Level27Geek likes this.
  6. Level27Geek

Level27Geek Pen Pal - Newbie

It's good to hear that it works well. I wish more companies would follow suit and make similar devices, because 100 bucks for a device I will use only occasionally is beyond my price point right now. I think I will be fine with the wedge for time being.

As for the palm rejection. It is both the fault of Krita and my own. Krita is really sensitive to touch so it registers the palm much more often. Both PS and Manga Studio (the trial version) do better. I still get the palm registered from time to time, but not as much as in Krita. I am trying to learn going pen first to the screen and make a habit out of it, but in the meantime I will get a glove for when I paint.

In the meantime, I will try to find a way to turn down touch sensitivity on Krita.

7. AvalonX

Anyone do the latest bios update on the Lenovo site? It's up to 1.18.

8. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm on 1.30. But had 1.18 prior.

9. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

1.30 here too.

10. AvalonX

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.