New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

1. spiff72

spiff72 Pen Pal - Newbie

Correct. If a computer has a mix of USB 2 and USB 3 ports, the USB 3 ports should have the "SS" logo next to them. They are all labeled as such on this computer.

2. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

So for the 14" what's the better display? BOE or Samsung? I found more light bleeding on the Samsung and the yellows were kind of mustard.

3. JungleCat

JungleCat Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah okay thanks for clarifying guys! I guess this makes up for them lying about the weight Hahahah....

4. kirayamato26

kirayamato26 Pen Pal - Newbie

Since when does Best Buy have accurate data? :p
    As mentioned already, all of them have the SS logo, indicating that they are all USB 3.0 ports.

My vote is on the BOE-Hydis, it doesn't show the PenTile matrix when viewed off angle, which is a HUGE plus. The Samsung is somewhat brighter, though. The BOE-Hydis LCD is also the warmer of the 2 colour temperature wise. I personally prefer cooler displays, but the slight preference I have for a cooler display is overwhelmed by my strong dislike for the visible PenTile matrix.

JungleCat likes this.
  5. spiff72

spiff72 Pen Pal - Newbie

FWIW - I just ran CrystalDiskMark on all three USB ports, using a Sandisk USB 3.0 64GB Flash Drive, and I get comparable speeds on all 3 ports.

Attached Files:

JungleCat likes this.
  6. spiff72

spiff72 Pen Pal - Newbie

USB 3.0 is about 50% heavier than 2.0, so that explains everything...

EDIT: Math.

JungleCat likes this.
  7. spiff72

spiff72 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone else see a blank space in their system tray? When I hover over it it says "ThinkPad OneLink Dock Attached!". Clicking it shows some icons that take you to various computer settings. See attached images. I don't have the dock, and likely never will, so I would like to uninstall/remove this. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

JungleCat likes this.
  8. JungleCat

JungleCat Pen Pal - Newbie

Since I don't have the dock (yet?), I went to task manager, startup, and disabled the OneLink manager from startup tasks and now it doesn't appear in my task bar.

9. kirayamato26

kirayamato26 Pen Pal - Newbie

That only comes up after sleep + wake right? Try disabling the OneLink manager from starting in task manager. I haven't tried it myself, but it never popped up when I had a clean install running.

JungleCat likes this.
  10. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

Just got mine, how do I check the display? Mine has a mfg date of 9-23-15. I wanted to check the HD mfg as well. No yellow, but lots of light bleed.

Isn't there a setting for clearer text?