New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

1. jaydoc

jaydoc Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I have noticed that on the pen that comes with the laptop the metal ring underneath the pen tip/nib is loosely attached to the body and rotates around it a little. Weirdly, if I screw it tight, the pen stops registering on the screen. If I unscrew it back it how it was then it starts working. Is this how its supposed to be?

Thanks

2. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nope. Sounds defective in some way. I'd make them send you a new one.

3. spiff72

spiff72 Pen Pal - Newbie

Agreed - I just pulled my stylus out and it seems tight. I can't even tell that where it would unscrew?

4. czm2000

It definitely unscrews. It normally takes quite a bit of effort though. Shouldn't be loose to start. Plus, once tightened down, it should still work perfectly. Also, the tip pulls out without unscrewing the tip. So my thought is it would only need to be taken off to service it for some reason. I've tested all this with mine previously and I'm pretty sure there's a problem with that stylus. Mine still works great.

5. jaydoc

jaydoc Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you. Since I bought this from BB only 4 days ago, I do have the option of taking it back. But the laptop has been great otherwise, and I don't want to return the unit and take a chance with another. I will contact Lenovo directly to see if if they will send me a new pen.

6. czm2000

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't take it back to BB if everything else is working fine. I meant make Lenovo give you a new Stylus. I'm sure they will no problem. I had an issue with my TPY 12 stylus where the tip would get stuck in and as I would lift the stylus off the screen the lines would trail for a centimeter, and they replaced it no problem.

7. Kosmow

Kosmow Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you mind telling who was your proxy at reddit? Might go that route too and a guy familliar with this specific model can (possibly) do a better QC given the US/Can-limited warranty. Many thanks!

8. JungleCat

JungleCat Pen Pal - Newbie

Which USB port on this laptop is the USB 3.0 port? The best buy listing says one of the ports is 3.0 but I can't tell which. I ordered an Amazon Basics USB 3.0 Gigabit ethernet adapter and want to get the most out of it

9. kirayamato26

kirayamato26 Pen Pal - Newbie

All of them are USB 3.0

10. JungleCat

JungleCat Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you sure? The listing for this device states:
    • USB 3.0 port maximizes the latest high-speed devices
      Also includes 2 USB 2.0 ports to connect more accessories and peripherals. The USB 3.0 port is backward-compatible with USB 2.0 devices (at 2.0 speeds).
    I'm assuming it is the USB charge port on the left side of the laptop but I'm not positive. I guess I could do speed tests but I haven't had time between work and the new semester starting