New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VariableSpark

VariableSpark Pen Pal - Newbie

2. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lenovo has a pretty in depth one that I used. It comes with your Yoga. Runs tests on everything to check for memory errors.

VariableSpark likes this.
  3. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

I appreciate the help, thank you. I had a look on there the other day but couldn't get any further without serial numbers: Where did you grab that information from? I can see the 260 and 460 listed but I get stuck after that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a couple of friends in America who can give it a quick once over and ship it over, it's what might happen once I receive it in the UK which worries me. Knowing I have protection for product defects for a year or 2 would really set my mind at ease and is the main reason I'm holding back.

I've had a look on that page and it varies from product to product. The 460 is listed but without a serial number I cannot check the exact kind of warranty it has and if it extends to the UK.

4. kirayamato26

kirayamato26 Pen Pal - Newbie

You just need the machine type to check the international warranty on it. I'm guessing that the 20FY is an exclusive US release and Canada got tagged along with the warranty because of how frequently people travel between the two countries. Either that or it's an exclusive US/Canada release machine type.

5. Tea and crumpets

Ah, the support page was linking to the wrong place; It was going to https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/contactus instead of https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/iwslookupthink. Yeah, I can now see it is as you've said, damn. Maybe the 460 will get coverage when it's officially for sale in the UK but I'm stuck for the time being. :(

6. kirayamato26

kirayamato26 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think that's likely because 2 out of the 4 unreleased Yoga 460 machine types have international warranty, while the other 2 don't exist. :(

7. Tea and crumpets

Ugh, what?! That has shattered any hopes I had of getting this product for a price that isn't ridiculous.

8. jaydoc

jaydoc Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I have noticed that on the pen that comes with the laptop the metal ring underneath the pen tip/nib is loosely attached to the body and rotates around it a little. Weirdly, if I screw it tight, the pen stops registering on the screen. If I unscrew it back it how it was then it starts working. Is this how its supposed to be?

Thanks

9. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nope. Sounds defective in some way. I'd make them send you a new one.

10. spiff72

spiff72 Pen Pal - Newbie

Agreed - I just pulled my stylus out and it seems tight. I can't even tell that where it would unscrew?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.