New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoss15

yoss15 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone else seen this issue?
    I've highlighted in red, there is a weird line coming across the title of the update driver window. It moves with the window and I only see it in this program.

The other thing is the text of the driver window looks kind of blurry to me, especially compared tohow crip the text on the desktop looks, anyone else notice this?

[​IMG]

I

JungleCat likes this.
  2. i2000s

i2000s Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for sharing your experience! It all looks excellent!

I don't doubt they come from the same manufacture. My major concern here is that BB seems to have some exclusive configurations to sell on their networks which seem usually not customizable and mostly on the low/middle-end configurations. Therefore, I am not sure if the i7-CPU version will also be available from BB and earlier than Lenovo's official sale on the lenovo website. The previous Yogo 14 model sold on BB follows this mode, but I didn't completely track the selling history. Does anyone have an insight on this?

3. spiff72

spiff72 Pen Pal - Newbie

4. i2000s

i2000s Pen Pal - Newbie

5. kirayamato26

kirayamato26 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have not experienced any problems with a ThinkPad directly from Lenovo, while I had to do 2 exchanges on this one. However, that being said, I actually prefer Best Buy over getting it from Lenovo directly. For one, the price is much better (I got this for $650 before taxes). Given Lenovo's ridiculous prices with upgrading components, something like the Best Buy Yoga 14 would probably run $1400 ~ 1500 for the same specs. Even on sale, I doubt it'd be cheaper than the $1000 pre-sale price tag that the Best Buy model has. For two, if there is a problem, it can be resolved MUCH faster with Best Buy (same day exchange) than with Lenovo (weeks of shipping). Physically speaking, they are the same build quality as far as I can tell.

Is there anything you need the i7 for? I'd think that the i5 is far more than enough processing power for most things, and if you need any more, a dual core isn't going to be enough anyways.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  6. jaydoc

jaydoc Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you both.

I am really happy with my purchase. Hopefully it will last me a long time. Is there like a screen protector for this thinkpad that I can order online? Will using a screen protector interfere with the stylus function in any way?

7. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

The UK Lenovo outlet is showing the ThinkPad Yoga 260 for sale, curiously replacing the ThinkPad Yoga 12.

[​IMG]

The pricing is sadly what I expected. 1080p screen, i5-6200U CPU, Intel HD 520 GPU, 4GB Ram and 256GB SSD will cost you £1,010 ($1,440). Upgrade the CPU to i7-6500U, the RAM to 8GB and the SSD to 512GB and you're looking at £1,290 ($1,840). There's a lower-end version but it's not worth mentioning.

The ThinkPad Yoga 460 has a page but it's "coming soon". I don't have high hopes for how much it will cost.

What is it like for other Lenovo outlets around the world?

8. kirayamato26

kirayamato26 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yoga 260 has been available for a while now in Canada and the US. It starts at around $926.10 USD, and becomes expensive really quickly. The first configuration comes out to be $1421.10 USD before taxes, and the i7 isn't available yet. Even without the i7, the latter configuration is $1745.10 before tax. I think Lenovo charges another $150 or so on top of that for the i7 usually. The base configuration for the Yoga 460 is supposed to be around $1000 USD, with an i3, 4 GB of RAM, no discrete graphics, so the Best Buy version is already a deal even at its regular price.

Tea and crumpets likes this.
  9. spiff72

spiff72 Pen Pal - Newbie

The more I see this, the better I feel about getting this ThinkPad deal at Best Buy for $700. It really feels like a pricing error on their part!

10. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd happily buy the Best Buy version for $1,000 if I lived in the US. But that is the very reason I - and many others elsewhere in the world - haven't bought one. Import charges are one thing but it's the uncertainty of warranty and if something goes wrong which really puts me off. I don't think there is any protection, plus you'd need to pay for import charges yet again if you had to ship it back to the US for repair or a replacement.

It's frustrating!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.