New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolfHauser

WolfHauser Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah for sure - I was thinking about looking for some app for my phone but I couldn't be arsed to tinker around with it or guzzle the battery if I'm out and about :p But I'm sure you'd be able to do something great with a phone. The expresskey thing is nice as its plug and play and quite discreet but its definitely a lot of money for what it is. Damn that wacom premium!

Hope you like it!

Bewinxed likes this.
  2. kirayamato26

kirayamato26 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the news! I've been having trouble getting out of bed in the morning going to work because I have flexible hours, this got me out of bed in 5 minutes and into Best Buy in 15 :p

They did the price adjustment no hassle at all. :)

JoeS likes this.
  3. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

Damn, that's a good deal! If I get a friend in the US to ship it over here - even with import tax - that's a respectable <£650 price tag. Despite the different keyboard layout and concerns over returns I am really tempted to go for this. Genuinely surprised by the $700 sale.

4. WolfHauser

WolfHauser Pen Pal - Newbie

Crumpets - you can set the keyboard to be uk in windows so it's the uk layout software wise. By habit my fingers find the " and @ keys in the same place but I guess you could put stickers on the keys if you really wanted to. I don't think it's necessary really though.

5. kirayamato26

You can replace the keyboard once they turn up on eBay or something.

6. coldness

coldness Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys. So I'm wondering whether I should return this laptop and just get a whole new one for 700 dollars instead, or if I should just get it price matched.
    I don't seem to have any major problems at all, just a display driver crashes infrequently, and even more infrequently a BSOD (really rare).
    Have you guys had any issues with this, and how do you solve it?

7. kirayamato26

What's the production date? I'd probably return it and get a new one. My 2nd unit became worse with time over the 2 days I owned it.

8. i2000s

i2000s Pen Pal - Newbie

You may want to dump your BSOD log to the "tenforum" for the windows 10 experts to check if the problem is just a common Windows software problem. Microsoft do bad things to new hardware. It doesn't worth you to go back and forth to exchange the devices and only to find out it is just a software problem. Good luck!

9. ivanahtannica

ivanahtannica Pen Pal - Newbie

I just requested for a Price Match by calling their Toll-Free number thru Skype. :D That was a lot of savings.

10. drmatt

drmatt Scribbler - Standard Member

Quick question, apologies if it's already been covered in this gigantic thread - which particular cpu and gpu models are used in the best buy version of this notebook, and which cpu model options are planned for lenovo's official 460 release?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.