New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

1. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I see. Maybe you misunderstood that post, or maybe that poster themselves weren't understanding it.

But I have a hard time believing that it would only work with the P40 and not the 460 or BB version.

I'm in marketing, and so I think what we have here is plain and simple. Only the P40 has been announced by Lenovo and so to keep things kosher, that's really all Wacom can say it will work with. But the fact is, Lenovo has never really formally acknowledged the BB 460 (read red headed step child) and hasn't quite gotten around to announcing the 460 yet so it stands to reason that's why only the P40 is on Wacom's list.

I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't work with the 460, but I could be wrong. Like you, I hope I'm not

2. Bewinxed

Bewinxed Pen Pal - Newbie

85% chance it might work, since it's AES and ours is AES

15% might not work due to some fancy marketing (this is newer than that due to x reason so won't work)

Fingers crossed, i think the 33$ pen pro isn't bad to have around :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

czm2000 likes this.
  3. Dalkor

Dalkor Pen Pal - Newbie

I love my pen pro. The weight and feel is so much better and more comfortable than the included pen.

I still get jitter when drawing lines though with both pens. I'll have to take video.

4. FiDeLiuS

FiDeLiuS Pen Pal - Newbie

czm2000 likes this.
  5. kirayamato26

kirayamato26 Pen Pal - Newbie

Got my 3rd unit after they struggled with it for 10 minutes unable to boot it. I haven't played with it too much yet, but from the quick check in store, the keyboard is a lot better than both of the other units. Production date is November 25, 2015 (I specifically went to their inventory and picked the newest unit), which makes it newer than the other 2 units as well. Unfortunately the SSD is still a LiteOn. Haven't checked battery manufacturer yet. Will try to get it to lock up again, if it doesn't then great.

Edit:
    It's a Sanyo battery

Edit Edit:
    Restarted 20 times, no hanging, gonna update Windows and see what happens

Edit Edit Edit:
    Thought the screen looked a bit different (dimmer + warmer), turns out that it's likely a different panel than what was in my other 2 units. The other 2 units would show a matrix of some sort when viewed from off angle, while this one is like a normal IPS display, so the viewing angles are definitely better on this new panel. One theory is that the previous panel is a PenTile panel and this is a normal panel. This would make sense because of the 2 panels used in the parts list, one is BOE (BOE-Hydis?) while the other one is Samsung and PenTile is by Samsung. AFRC on this new panel is more noticeable, though.

The different between different keyboard manufacturers is also noticeable, this keyboard feels like the first unit's, while the 2nd unit's keyboard felt different (the smaller keys were mushier).

Edit Edit Edit Edit:
    Having Skylake display driver crashes for the first time. They crashed like 5 times over when I tried using the search bar.

Edit^5 (hopefully last one for the day):
    Everything seems to be working fine! Fingers crossed that I'll be able to keep this machine instead of exchanging for a 4th.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  6. mmshah

mmshah Pen Pal - Newbie

7. VariableSpark

VariableSpark Pen Pal - Newbie

Crap, and I paid $200 more less than a week ago. How can they sell it for so low?

8. Bewinxed

Bewinxed Pen Pal - Newbie

What? Seriously? I just bought it the other day for 899$, Is there any way i can get a partial refund?

[EDIT] From the Bestbuy price match FAQ

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    ivanahtannica and VariableSpark like this.
  9. VariableSpark

VariableSpark Pen Pal - Newbie

Sweet! :D Thanks for looking that up.

ivanahtannica likes this.
  10. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

Man I just got the last gen for $600.