New Skylake ThinkPad Yoga 260 & 460

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HionHiFi

HionHiFi Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to hear your having trouble with the TS. I have not had any TS issues whatsoever with my 460. So far its been flawless... Knock on wood.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

2. coldness

coldness Pen Pal - Newbie

Gotta go get that price match I guess. And afterward, see if the new products from CES really will be the dream product and return this one if necessary. I have until the 15th thanks to BB's holiday return policy.

Also, how often do you guys get display driver crashes? I seem to be getting one infrequently, during web browsing.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  3. kirayamato26

kirayamato26 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been considering this laptop for a while now as an upgrade to my dated X201 Tablet. Finally came to the States again and went to a Best Buy, I guess I must have gotten really lucky because they gave me a Geek Squad open box certified one for $764. So far, everything seems good except the scrolling issue in Chrome. The keyboard, trackpoint, and touchpad all feel different from their counterparts I've used in the older ThinkPads (X201 Tablet, T410s, T420s, W510, W520, T530, Yoga S1), but I have no doubts about getting used to it with some time.

As others have mentioned, the screen isn't the best I've seen. Not as bad as the ones in the T410 and T420 series, but certainly not the best either.

Is there anything I should be watching out for? The pen seems to work so far, but I haven't tried the pressure sensitivity yet.

jakeyjohn1 likes this.
  4. mathartist

mathartist Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had mine for 8 days. Had a display driver crash on the first day, but I updated my display drivers (both Nvidia and Intel) and haven't had one since. Been using it plenty as well.

5. olevelo

olevelo Pen Pal - Newbie

Update to the latest trackpad drivers and the scrolling in Chrome should be fixed. It's smooth as butter now.

On the topic of the trackpad, I just discovered all of the multitouch capabilities yesterday! My life has been forever changed! My last laptop was over 6 years old so I had never used one of these newer ones. For all of the early complaints about this trackpad, I think it's amazing.

Now back to drooling over the X1 Yoga OLED and contemplating a return to BB...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. kirayamato26

Oh yeah, after running Windows update the scrolling is amazing.

It seems that the SD card reader latch is broken in this machine. It works if I hold in the SD card but it won't keep it in place and it'll pop right out. Should I take this machine back to Best Buy for an exchange, send it in for warranty service, or just live with it (I honestly don't think I've ever used the SD card reader in my X201 Tablet)?

Or maybe I should try calling Lenovo and convincing them to send me the FRU? I seem to recall Lenovo sending users "non-customer replaceable" FRUs if you convince them that you are capable of doing it from my W520 days, not sure if this still works.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  7. WolfHauser

WolfHauser Pen Pal - Newbie

The more I use it - the more I like it. It even runs GTA V smoothly on mid/low settings(?)!

Only trouble I have now is the lack of an art dock - bit of a pain that the wacom tech disables the touch screen so you can't hold down modifiers. Photoshop now has those handy modifier keys which are quite good but nothing for other apps. Ideally someone would make a usb sidebar with configurable shortcuts! Or perhaps there is one? Anyone found an art dock solution yet?

Personally I'm ok with the 1080p res as windows is pretty pish at scaling for high dpi on legacy software. Only thing I'd change would be the aspect ratio (refresh and colours could do with a slight improvement too) - make it 3:2 like the surface but I'm getting used to it again.

8. tbTab

tbTab Pen Pal - Newbie

Try pushing it in a little further?

9. kirayamato26

Unfortunately that doesn't work. I tried poking the latch with a probe and it wouldn't lock no matter how far I pushed it. Called up Lenovo support and they were like "We can't send you the FRU because you don't have ThinkPad Protection. If we determine it's your fault, it won't be repaired and you'll be charged $50." I read that BestBuy exchange policy with open box items is weird, so I'll hold onto it for now and see what happens I guess... Not like I ever use the SD card reader.

Edit:
    Aside from the SD card reader not locking, everything else seems to be great. One minor issue that I have is with the accidental touch and palm rejection on the touchpad. It seems to be much more prone to accidental taps and whatnot than the Synaptics solutions.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  10. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can adjust the sensitivity of the TouchPad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.