New section for pen displays?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by surfaceproartist, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Steve S So you won't mind if I create a thread for each manufacturer within the hardware forum? I don't think they need to be pinned. If they gain sufficient traction perhaps they can all be grouped under Pen Displays sometime in the future.

@Azzart if you'd like to volunteer to start with the Asus, please do so. I just suggest naming the thread generically so that future Asus pen displays could be included there as well.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<...So you won't mind if I create a thread for each manufacturer within the hardware forum?..>>

...I certainly wouldn't. If you alert me to which new threads you've created, I'll get them pinned. As you may have observed, I occasionally (every year or so) look at the pinned threads and "thin the herd" by unpinning threads that have been idle for a long time. If some of your threads eventually die, we can just let them loose so that they don't clutter things up...

neongolden likes this.
  3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I would recommend a sub-forum of Hardware be created as "Pen Displays". Within that, we can have pinned threads for each manufacturer (Huion, Yinova, etc).

On the subject of creating additional forums, I really think Wacom should get it's own forum even though they only have the single Cintiq Companions line. And I suggest it not simply a sub-forum within "Other Brands". Let me explain my reasons for this:

I think there is a user expectation that relevant, current tablet PC models OEMs all be listed as top-level forums. Furthermore, it looks increasingly like Wacom is going to consolidate EMR digitizer tech under its Companion line, as nearly all other OEMs move towards AES. This makes Cintiq Companions a unique device for many professionals and tablet PC enthusiasts, with the same relevance as Lenovo, Fujitsu and Vaio's professional tablets.

As it stands now, we have one huge Cintiq Companion thread, which really should divided into: general performance tweaks (fan/heat/battery life), hardware issues (power connector/warranty), and modding (RAM/SSD replacements) in order to provide greater accessibility for users.

darkmagistric likes this.
  4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I second Marty's post

5. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Apologies that I haven't created those other threads I mentioned above. Real life has gotten in the way...

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Me too I fear and it's going to be worse since I have two very, VERY small girls coming to this world this coming Monday!

Which leads to...
    I'll hardly find the time in the coming weeks to really follow things going on the net I suspect.
    Besides, in the Hardware subforum there was already this 6 pages thread, wouldn't it be a good starting point? (I remember there was another in the Asus subforum too). I could eventually add my long time use considerations maybe...

stoneseeker likes this.
  7. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Whoa!

Best wishes! I hope all goes well.

Pullin' for you and yours over here!

stoneseeker and Azzart like this.
  8. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Azzart
    That's genuinely awesome! Best wishes to you and your expanding family! Have fun in this new stage of your life.

Azzart and thatcomicsguy like this.
  9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I have two very, VERY small girls coming to this world this coming Monday...>>

...I hope that all goes well...

Azzart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.