NEW Samsung Windows 8.1 Tablet

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by semknot, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semknot

semknot Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys do you find it strange that Samsung has not yet announced new tablet with the new processors Atom Bay Trail? Why?
    I can't find news about.
    I'm looking for a windows tablet 8.1 with the new processors Bay Trail, with a screen between 10 and 13 inches, 3G/4G, Wacom digitizer, budget max Euro 1000 .. but at the moment there is a tablet that satisfies me. I'm waiting for solutions from Samsung, you have news?

2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I've heard that Samsung is considering pulling out of the Windows laptop and tablet market and putting the full force of their efforts behind Android, their main money-maker, especially after their make-nice pact with Google. The Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, in particular, looks like it was meant to take the place of their Windows tablets as a primary computing device instead of a media-oriented accessory. That may explain why we haven't seen any new Win8 tablets from them.

semknot likes this.
  3. semknot

semknot Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply Mitlov. I'm sorry: the Samsung notes pro 12 inch would be perfect with windows 8.
    I could already buy the Dell Venue Pro 11 but there are problems with the pen. I need a tablet that allows me to work with Office, read and edit PDF files with the pen.. a diagonal between 11 and 13 inches. I don't need a lot of computing power and processors Bay Trail would be the best choice (low power consumption and passive cooling).
    At this point I hope that Asus will propose a Vivo Tab Note with larger screen.

4. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

Samsung has so much money. I don't see why they can't use hardware they've already designed for the note 12 and modify it for BayTrail and Windows 8. They'd, easily sell tens of thousands of them.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Their S-pen equipped ATIV Line is due for a refresh. More so with putting out a Haswell update to the 700t....but in regards to Baytrail....I think that has more to do with Samsung putting out a Clovertrail Tablet rather late compared to the competition. They originally put out the Clovertrail Atom 500T with the 11.6 screen size early...but then later released a smaller 10.1 ATIV Tab 3 which aside from the screen size was more or less the exact same hardware in the 500t. But it wasn't release until September 2013...so thats only 6 months into its lifespan. Also aside from the flood of these 8-inch Baytrail tablets, most of the competition has been fairly lax with updating to Baytrail. We had 4 main vendors for affordable Clovertrail Slates with Wacom; Asus, Samsung, Dell & Lenovo

Samsung hasn't played any cards yet, Asus & Lenovo have both played the 8inch card, but not their 10-inch ones. Only Dell has played both the 8 & 10 inch Baytrail cards...but sadly unlike the clovertrail based latitude 10, Dell ditched the Wacom card.

Also the current batch of Baytrail Tablets are all 32bit...even the Fujitsu Baytrail 10-incher despite having 4GB of ram is still 32bit based. I'm holding out Hope that most of the vendors are holding back their Baytrail Slates simply untill 64-bit/4GB Windows 8.1 Baytrails cores are released....which should be soon.

I'm really hoping Samsung comes through for us...since that's the only vendor that will more or less guarantee us a Wacom digitizer. My dream tablet would be the 2014 Galaxy Note 10.1 with 64 Bit Baytrail. I just hope they keep to 16:10 ratio. The 16:9 standard that ruled clovertrail was just godawful.

ozaz and BlackBoy88 like this.
  6. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm on the ativ500t and I have to admit that it is a great little tablet. Sure, it is not as powerful as surface pro, but then again the battery lasts forever and I don't have to deal with my device getting all hot and bothered (lol). I hope the new iteration of the atom based ativ line fixes the pdf lag issue and that it provides a better palm rejection.

7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why doesn't MS make a Baytrail version of the Surface pro? They could just house it in the surface rt body.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

8. mss_53

mss_53 Pen Pal - Newbie

just before the patent issue that inhibited the ATIV Q from release last year, Samsung was one the leaders of windows tablet producers, since then I think they are not happy with Microsoft, all other companies including Acer, Asus, Lenovo & Dell have released Bay trail versions and also 8 inch versions but I think sami is not going to produce any windows tablet unless it has the ability to boot android also.

9. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

But it was Google not Microsoft that put kibosh on the dual boot Tablet....

10. mss_53

mss_53 Pen Pal - Newbie

May be the profit of the previous ATIV tabs didn't meet their expectations, but I don't figure out why they gave up the windows tablet market totally to their rivals.

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.