New Propad 600 and Elitepad 1000!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mitchellmcd, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Congrats on the successful surgery. Nice write up also.

dceggert likes this.
  2. Pinkivy98

Pinkivy98 Pen Pal - Newbie

So the EP 1000 can read the Expansion sleeve SD & micro SD cards at the same time?

3. Pinkivy98

How do you get the free Tmobile 100mb data plan?

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Yes, both are readable at the same time.

5. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

Dan, would you please PM me regarding locating a replacement screen/digitizer? Seems that a customer of ours was a bit too "adventurous" while trying to duplicate my pictures showing my EP1000 in wet conditions. Well, maybe it wasn't on purpose, LOL - his ended up at the bottom of a swing pool ;-) Anyway, after drying out, the device functions via video out - its just the screen is futzed...

TIA for any help you can offer!

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/

6. Pinkivy98

Can someone tell me if a cover is needed for the EP 1000 G2? Is the screen easy to scratch? I am trying to decide which Expansion jacket to get. I noticed the dockable jacket does not come with a cover. I prefer to be able to dock the EP without taking it out of the jacket.

7. dceggert

It is hard to know if a cover is needed in your work environment or not. If you are in an office I would say no, one is not needed. If you work in a shop or on a factory floor then I would suggest yes.

The screen is not easily scratched. It is hardened glass so it is pretty robust.

Regarding the jackets, the Expansion Jacket can be placed on the dock and both the device and the auxiliary battery will charge. This jacket does not have a cover but a snap on cover is available for it. It does get bulky when you put all three together.

The Productivity Jacket cannot be docked but it does have a cover as part of the jacket. The device would need to be removed every time when using this jacket to charge it up. The "Productivity Jacket" is the one with the keyboard.

There is also a stand-alone dockable cover that snaps directly onto the Elitepad. It is not a "jacket" just a cover for the screen. This is the lightest way to protect the screen.

Check out this thread for some more info and some pics:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/elitepad-accessory-reviews.63388/

8. Pinkivy98

My EP is for personal & home business use. I just want to be able to dock it with the sleeve(that has the extra ports) & protect the screen from scratching/cracking when I have it in my bag on the go or traveling.

Thanks for the link to the review. It helps to explain them in more detail. I had no idea that was a case covering the entire expansion sleeve. Do you know where I can get the case for the expansion sleeve?

9. dceggert

The good news is that this has been out in the wild since the release of the Elitepad 900 so there are usually some on ebay. Search for P/N H7A97UT and include descriptions in the search. Used ones occasionally pop up now and then.

If you want to buy one retail Google the P/N and see what comes up. Provantage.com may be a place to look into as I have found they are about the only ones stocking Elitepad stuff for a reasonable price these days. Everyone else seems to want more than the items are on the HP website.

One thing to watch out for with Elitepad accessories when browsing around; there are two of just about everything. There are items and then there are "smart buy" versions of the same thing for less money. The "UT" in the P/N signifies the item is a "smart buy" version. The items are identical except the "smart buy" versions are less expensive.

Good luck!

10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Lisa just posted her review on the 1000 G2(about 7 months late?) and she seems to like the pen, despite being a bit chunky. Her review for some reason almost has me sold on getting one. Right now still deciding between this, the Fujitsu Q555(which has two usb ports on the tablet), getting an 8in Encore Write and then a notebook.

Right now the HP is winning because of it's looks, durability and specs. How does the Atmel pen size compare to an N-trig pen? HP site right has 128gb model for a fairly expensive price, though the Fujitsu w/64gb and 4gb of ram(and maybe keyboard) is not much cheaper at around $600. Where is the best place(or ebay seller) to find a good price on the 128gb 1000 model? The prices on HP site almost have me thinking the HP X2 1101, with the Wacom pen and faster core m cpu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.