New Propad 600 and Elitepad 1000!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mitchellmcd, Feb 23, 2014.

1. III.Jg27ADLER

III.Jg27ADLER Scribbler - Standard Member

Finally, according to the HP support, the BIOS test result delivered that the hard drive is causing this problem. So, apparently it is a hardware issue.

What kind of antivirus program do you recommend then,
    2.0™?

2.0™: "Can't advise on the HP Security Suite other than to say that I uninstalled it. We have our own proprietary security. But when I did play with it that one time with my new Elitebook 2760P, I had to subsequently put a call into HP to reset my system back to factory in order to reset the system password. Never touched it since."

Nah, this is not really an option considering the price tag for this accessory.
    I would be an absolute impudence, if this error persists as it was advertised as a solid security feature. I could then go for an apple product instead.

2. III.Jg27ADLER

Here is the pic of the results, I forgot to post it...

Attached Files:

3. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I have (2) different types of cleaners coming via UPS today and I am looking forward to trying them out on my pen.

As an aside both of my R1 pens are dead now and will not work with my old EP900; one pen never got cleaned (quit pretty early) and the second was mechanically cleaned and dielectric grease applied to try to protect the contacts similar to what worked on older N-trig pens. The greased R1 worked much longer than the ungreased but it too has finally given up the ghost as well; I will not try that method on the R2 pen this time. This proved there was contact corrosion on the R1 and now my R2 has gotten so bad it is only usable for a few minutes at a time.

I will, of course, post my results but they may be over in the Executive Pen thread. I plan on using the etching cleaner first to clean off all corrosion and then a protectant spray after that. The assumption, however, is that this corrosion is oxidation but it could in fact be dissimilar metal corrosion due to dissimilar contacts. The limited current of the electronics is insufficuient to keep the contacts clean by itself.

I expect the pen to be restored to its former usefulness but time will tell if it remains operational. If the time is short it will be intergranular or dissimilar metal corrosion, if it lasts a long time it is likely to be oxidation corrosion.

Oh goodie, an investigation into the depths of the design choices that went into the pen design!

2.0™ likes this.
  4. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

5. Daniel.H

Daniel.H Pen Pal - Newbie

Can someone confirm the higher sensitivity? I tried the update, but for me it is no difference.

6. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I get fewer errors now when doing touch things but I really see no difference in any other aspect. Until I applied this patch, for instance, I could not log on using the picture password without a second or third attempt. Now I can logon at the first attempt nearly every time.

7. III.Jg27ADLER

This device is annoys me.

Now it reboots itself every 20-30 minutes, no matter what you are doing and how you are using it. Even in an extended BIOS hardware check.

8. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Did this start happening since Tuesday? Microsoft release a bunch of updates, one of which could be causing your issue. Does it reboot right away or do yo get a black screen out of nowhere? If you're getting the black screen out of nowhere, see if pressing the power button to turn screen off then pressing home button restores. It's just a test, not a real solution.

Also, is your screen auto-rotation set to locked or unlocked?

9. III.Jg27ADLER

It just reboots, as if someone pressed the 'power button'. The black screen appears for 1-2 seconds and then the HP logo with moving circle (like the normal procedure).

Actually, I can remember that it also happened on the weekend, while I was taking a break. However, as I still used my HP 2760p, I did not pay too much attention. Furthermore, I think it is not related to the OS, as it also happens when you operate the device in BIOS for the mentioned time frame.

Screen auto-rotation was turned on, I turned it off now and I also removed the Security jacket.

Btw, I contacted HP and they will send me a new unit this time...

10. III.Jg27ADLER

It just rebooted itself...again:mad: