New Propad 600 and Elitepad 1000!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mitchellmcd, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel.H

Daniel.H Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I tried the Settings, and yes for me it works better.

2. III.Jg27ADLER

III.Jg27ADLER Scribbler - Standard Member

@2.0™ : Do you also, by any chance, know how to increase touch sensitivity? I applied a screen protector and it is really nice. However, touch inputs are suffering in terms of accuracy very often.

I would appreciate it!

3. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

There is a possibility:

Open the taskmanager. Click on the details tab.

Right click on the Tabtip.exe process and set priority to high. (Do not set to realtime...). See how that works. The change is only temporary since whenever you reboot, the setting will be lost. To make the setting persistent, you will need a program. One such program is Process Lasso. It's free. It will save your priority and affinity settings. If you use this program, it's best to disable the ProBalance feature as it seems to cause random reboots when enabled. Otherwise the program works great. You can even use it to set priority for certain programs like Firefox, OneNote, etc. Don't go overboard though since if you set too many programs with a high priority, you defeat the purpose in doing so.

You might also want to look into disabling some services. I have my setup moderately tweaked and it runs smooth as hot butter.

The other thing is, make sure that when you are tapping the screen, you don't use your finger tip near where the nail is but instead use the flat part of your fingers as if you were doing a fingerprint blot. There's more capacitance there than at the tip.

III.Jg27ADLER likes this.
  4. Daniel.H

We have now the first productive Elitepad 1000 runing. Everyone likes it very much, except the pen.
    The pen needs too much pressure to work in a the correct way. Is there no possibilty to change this?
    I tried to deactivate the pressure sensitivity in OneNote, but still a lot of pressure is needed.
    Maybe we switch to the Lenovo 10 devices.

5. 2.0™

It should be light and smooth in OneNote. How is it in Journal?

Also are you using OneDrive with OneNote? For some reason cloud backups seem to add some system lag that results in digitizer lag. I switched to using DropBox since it has a faster upload/download and lighter system resource usage.

I'll probably have to make a post about what services to disable, software to uninstall, and settings to adjust.

The only problem I ever had was too much pen/screen digitizer sleep which I solved. I also deactivated the "allow computer to sleep this device" on 2 additional devices - The entries listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

BTW, I've noticed no decrease in battery life by turning these settings off.

6. III.Jg27ADLER

III.Jg27ADLER Scribbler - Standard Member

@2.0™ : Haven't tried it yet, just wanted to thank you for your help!

7. Daniel.H

OneNote is connected to Onedrive for Business with our SharePoint on premise. I will try it with OneNote local.
    Yesterday I unpacked a new pen and was surprised, it was a HP Executive Pen R2.
    I didn't know that there are two versions. Does someone have information's about the R2? You remember from the old pen for the 900 there where also two versions.
    I will compare both pen's for the sensibility.

f97anka likes this.
  8. 2.0™

That's funny. Since you mentioned that, I thought to check my pen and realized that it also reads HP Executive Pen R2 on the barrel. Though the box it came in is labeled G2.

I couldn't find anything on the R2 version. Not telling if it is an upgrade or prior model.

9. Rick

Rick Sr. Manager, Innovation and Experience

R2 utilizes a new pen pressure solution and pressure curve. R2 version is newer..

Rick

f97anka, Daniel.H and 2.0™ like this.
  10. 2.0™

Another solution;

A third party keyboard that by all accounts seems to have increased touch sensitivity and also allows for swipe input. Took a little getting used to but once you do, I think you'll like it. The price is right also. ;) Free.

TouchPal keyboard : http://www.touchpal.com/en/index.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.