New Propad 600 and Elitepad 1000!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mitchellmcd, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Both the Expansion Sleeve and the Productivity Sleeve have full size SD Slots.

bloodycape likes this.
  2. monty87

monty87 Pen Pal - Newbie

So last night my battery was at 53%. I left the tablet on my office table, and this morning it had completely drained. Tonight I am going to do the same test, but take out the 4g sim card to see if its a polling issue. I was reading over at the SP3 forum and this seems to be common problem with the SP3 too which seems to be related to connected standby.

dceggert likes this.
  3. strikerbird

strikerbird Pen Pal - Newbie

So I talked to the guys at HP sales in Scandinavia. They said all the ElitePad 1000 with NFC are cancelled. This is because HP cant get their hands on enough NFC antennas. Does anyone know more about this? And should I wait until they are back NFC or just order the tablet without the NFC function???

SB

4. gmich

gmich Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks to all the great and informative posts on this forum, I am very close to pulling the trigger on a HP Pro Tablet 610 G1. Seems great for my needs as a teacher, as I don't need all the accessories and the tougher build of the EP 1000.

However, as far as I can tell, the Pro 610 does not come with a pen--it must be ordered separately. Should I just order the G2 pen--should it work just as well on the 610 (i.e., fully functional) as it does on the EP 1000?

Thanks.

5. dceggert

The HP Executive G2 pen is the Atmel v3 pen and you are correct; they do not ship with the devices and must be ordered separately. This pen works with the Pro 610, Elitepad 1000, and Elitebook 810 G2.

The P/N is F3G73UT and is available here at a little bit of a break:

Product Search Results - Bottom Line Telecommunications

You may be able to find it even less at another reseller.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  6. dceggert

I am wondering if this is why the P/N's rolled about a month ago.

7. gmich

gmich Pen Pal - Newbie

Great--thanks. And one more question: How is the palm rejection on the Pro 610 and/or the Elitepad 1000? I'm a lefty so good palm rejection in OneNote, etc., is essential for me. I'll be using it as a teaching tool so stray marks from my palm could be a real problem.

Thanks again for your time.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  8. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

gmich,

I've not noticed any particular issues but I'm a "righty" and the only person I know personally who is an avid inker and a lefty is my Australian Managing Director. He has not reported any issues with the tablet per se (just lots of "suggestions for improvements to our software, LOL) but you might want to wait for input from others here for a better take on that aspect.

Hope you get/got the model G4T86UT ($599 retail - I paid $588 from Insight but that might be slightly high?) and it is only $70 more at full retail than the 32-bit version with 2GB of RAM. I really think the premium paid will be noticeable to you. It won't be huge, just noticeable... And if you don't, you'll always wonder, LOL.

Oh, and check with the experts here about finding an extra pen. I found an excellent buy from dstrauss on an $10 HTC Flyer pen which works fine on our SP3s. Makes for an inexpensive back-up. Most of the guys here can also advise you on perhaps an outstanding pen if you find that the HP G2 pen feels lacking. These folks here know their pens ;-)

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-

/end/

9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

So, I really thinking about getting the 1000, but I am not to keen on the price, specially for the 128gb model, which looks to only come with LTE on HPs site. Unless, someone can point to me to a 128gb model without it. I would get the 610, but it lacks a 128gb option, which I would prefer(I have 64gb Yoga RT and only have 17gb of space left, and that's without my music collection), and I doubt the SSD is easily accessible to upgrade. Randall, I take that the 610 has the same battery life as the 1000? I also take it uses the same keyboard as the 1000?

On another note I notice on HP's site it mentions the expansion jacket only has a microSD slot? I thought it was a full size SD slot, no? Also, if someone doesn't mind giving me a quick refresher, what ports do the 1000 and 610 come with on the tablet itself?

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I don't think that's the case. I haven't been following this thread very close, but I did not understand the 610 to fit the 900/1000 accessories. I could be wrong. Randall or Dan can speak more authoritatively to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.