New Propad 600 and Elitepad 1000!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mitchellmcd, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. th3-c7ack37

th3-c7ack37 Pen Pal - Newbie

the delivery date of my EP 1000 was postponed to middle of june today. i'm getting rid of this s**t.
    i think the EP 1000 could be the perfect device but i'm thinking of alternatives. Does anybody know any of them. Important is a Windows OS, 10'' Screen, LTE (or UMTS) and a good digitzer.

2. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Alternatively, you can Google the part number for your model config and buy it from a third party instead of HP. I got mine from Provantage. It was in stock and I received it in 3 days. You can look at CostCentral, etc. The unit is in hot demand so finding certain configs might take a bit of work.

Get the smart buy reversion if available which is often significantly cheaper. Just substitute the last 2 digits (before the #ABA) with UT. For instance, I got the G4S86UT#ABA. It's the exact same model as the G4S86UA#ABA. Only cheaper. It's just one of those weird things HP business does.

The only other alternatives in the class range I can think of is the Fujitsu model with the Wacom digitizer.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  3. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

The Thinkpad Tablet 10 is getting announced 5/14 but knowing Lenovo's track record for delivery it will be September or even later before you can get an LTE version with 128 GB SSD. Sad but typical at this point.

Go here:

Bottom Line Telecommunications - Computers, electronics, and more. Free shipping on most orders.

and watch when the expected delivery is at that retail site. It is a good place because it is the only one I know of that posts the expected availability.

4. kmd

kmd Pen Pal - Newbie

No review yet on color space and accuracy.
    Is the EP 1000 display any match for the Ipad air or the Note 10.1 2014 displays or is it more like the mediocre Windows Surface? (or worse than that?)

5. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Subjectively, using the Lagom.nl contrast & gradient fill pages, I can't tell the difference between the EP 1000G2 and iPad Air with both set to about 60% brightness. If you want objective numbers, you'll have to wait until someone with a colorimeter comes along.

It's definitely better than the Surface pro's screen since last I saw one.

6. th3-c7ack37

th3-c7ack37 Pen Pal - Newbie

i think it isnt' available at any reseller in Germany. i dídnt' also hear that anybody got a Elitepad 1000 in Germany either from HP else from a third Party.

Fujitsu has the STYLISTIC Q584. which seems to be the best product next to the EP 1000. but ist so expensive.it costs 1400€. thats almost 2000$. and i can't find any advantage to the HP Modell. so i thnik there is yout the dell venue 11 or the Lenovo ThinkPad which might releases soon hopefully.

7. strikerbird

strikerbird Pen Pal - Newbie

There came a model to Norway, however it was sold out fast, and it did not have the 4G modem. From what I heard the ElitePad 1000 with all the top specs will come to Norway between the 21st May and 6th of June...

SB

8. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

The part numbers for all the Elitepad 1000's just changed. For example, the 128 GB model with 4G used to be G4T14UT#ABA with a retail price of $1,009. It is now a J5N69UT#ABA with the same retail price. I am not sure what it means as I just found it.

If you are watching for availability based on p/n you will need to note the new number and update your search accordingly.

9. zendragon

zendragon Scribbler - Standard Member

2.0, you said you do some artwork on your Elitepad, right? Would you mind posting some pics of what you've done? I'm still torn on the quality of the digitizer. I know everyone is raving about how much it's improved, but I'm still a little nervous about the previously un-trusted technology and would like to see some results before I put that much into it.

10. strikerbird

strikerbird Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the screen of the ElitePad 1000 IPS or TFT?

SB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.