New Propad 600 and Elitepad 1000!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mitchellmcd, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Trick question. :D

Well, there's really no alternatives currently so, I suppose I would. Missus the negatives I referred to, it's a nice case with its soft rubber feel. It fits very well but not as well as the expansion cases would fit. Will you be disappointed to the point you couldn't live with it? No. But I would advise finding the best possible price to reduce any buyer's remorse.

2. strikerbird

strikerbird Pen Pal - Newbie

Haha okay. But what is the difference between the HP ElitePad Case (H4R88UT) and HP ElitePad Dockable Case (F1M97AA)? Which one would you guys pick?

Sincerely,

SB

3. 2.0™

The backing. The ElitePad case is rubberized and surrounds the entire unit. The dockable one does not and is not rubberized. The dockable one also doesn't protect the bottom of the unit (hence making it dockable). Its pen loop is on top instead of the side.

Also, if you're inclined to get the dockable one, look for the smart buy version to save a few bucks. F1M97UT

Here's a PDF of it showing perhaps the best pictures of it: http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c03985978.pdf

4. strikerbird

Thank you so much :)!

SB

5. strikerbird

On the HP Website it states this: Log into Windows wirelessly with NFC Technology, I was wondering if anyone has more experience how to set this up and how it work?

My Nokia Lumia 1020 has also NFC, and was hoping to make this system all work With NFC?

Many thanks,

SB

6. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

This may be aluding to the ability to tether over NFC but I really do not know since I tether to my old Palm Pre 2 with Wifi.

7. th3-c7ack37

th3-c7ack37 Pen Pal - Newbie

the delivery date of my EP 1000 was postponed to middle of june today. i'm getting rid of this s**t.
    i think the EP 1000 could be the perfect device but i'm thinking of alternatives. Does anybody know any of them. Important is a Windows OS, 10'' Screen, LTE (or UMTS) and a good digitzer.

8. 2.0™

Alternatively, you can Google the part number for your model config and buy it from a third party instead of HP. I got mine from Provantage. It was in stock and I received it in 3 days. You can look at CostCentral, etc. The unit is in hot demand so finding certain configs might take a bit of work.

Get the smart buy reversion if available which is often significantly cheaper. Just substitute the last 2 digits (before the #ABA) with UT. For instance, I got the G4S86UT#ABA. It's the exact same model as the G4S86UA#ABA. Only cheaper. It's just one of those weird things HP business does.

The only other alternatives in the class range I can think of is the Fujitsu model with the Wacom digitizer.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

The Thinkpad Tablet 10 is getting announced 5/14 but knowing Lenovo's track record for delivery it will be September or even later before you can get an LTE version with 128 GB SSD. Sad but typical at this point.

Go here:

Bottom Line Telecommunications - Computers, electronics, and more. Free shipping on most orders.

and watch when the expected delivery is at that retail site. It is a good place because it is the only one I know of that posts the expected availability.

10. kmd

kmd Pen Pal - Newbie

No review yet on color space and accuracy.
    Is the EP 1000 display any match for the Ipad air or the Note 10.1 2014 displays or is it more like the mediocre Windows Surface? (or worse than that?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.