New Propad 600 and Elitepad 1000!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mitchellmcd, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

I have it. It's OK. Not great. In fact, I did some surgery to it to remove the magnet that's in the cover that the hall effect sensor detects and auto-sleeps the device whenever you cover the screen. However, the magnet they use is too strong and the unit will go to sleep when the flap is behind it and moves a little.

The other issue is the rubber piece near the docking connector. It's flimsy and will likely break in a few months.

What would have been perfect is if the expansion jacket had a pen holder. I guess I could get that and make an elastic loop and attach it with Velcro. Matter of fact, I think I'll do that.

So count that as an non-endorsement of the ElitePad Case. :)

2. 2.0™

PEN BATTERY UPDATE:
    ElitePad Executive Pen G2 - Elitepad 1000 G2

OK, so the included battery died on me today. It was a Duracell AAA Duralock (with "Original Equiptment Accessory" printed on its label). It's volts read 0.94 vdc. So it lasted about 2 weeks of daily inking and navigating.

How did I realize the battery was dead? No hover pointer, not registering of taps, no inking. (Between you and me, the reader, I thought it might have broken when I dropped the pen from off a desk. Good to know it was just the battery).

Possible theory to explain short life: The pen's button may have been clicked and held down when inserted only 1/4 of the way in the cover's pen loop. So make sure you insert the pen past the buttons.

So guess what I'm going to do going forward? Switch to using NiMh AAA. I expect those to last at least a week between charges since a fully charged NiMh only reaches about 1.4vdc. Just started using it today and it works just fine.

BTW; to wake the pen from sleep, just click a button on it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    dceggert likes this.
  3. fkp123

fkp123 Pen Pal - Newbie

I personally don't own the ElitePad case, as I already have the Expansion Jacket and the Productivity Jacket.

However I do own the Leather Slip case, because there are just times I just want to go 'naked'.

The slip case is well well made and cushioned inside. You could squeeze the stylus in alongside if you want. The flap is secured magnetically. There is a sleeve on the outside to hold papers (I slip an iPad mini into it sometimes).

Just my 2c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. strikerbird

strikerbird Pen Pal - Newbie

Many thanks for the response :)! Can I ask 2.0TM if you had the chance again to buy the ElitePad Case, would you or would you skip it?

Many thanks,

SB

5. 2.0™

Trick question. :D

Well, there's really no alternatives currently so, I suppose I would. Missus the negatives I referred to, it's a nice case with its soft rubber feel. It fits very well but not as well as the expansion cases would fit. Will you be disappointed to the point you couldn't live with it? No. But I would advise finding the best possible price to reduce any buyer's remorse.

6. strikerbird

Haha okay. But what is the difference between the HP ElitePad Case (H4R88UT) and HP ElitePad Dockable Case (F1M97AA)? Which one would you guys pick?

Sincerely,

SB

7. 2.0™

The backing. The ElitePad case is rubberized and surrounds the entire unit. The dockable one does not and is not rubberized. The dockable one also doesn't protect the bottom of the unit (hence making it dockable). Its pen loop is on top instead of the side.

Also, if you're inclined to get the dockable one, look for the smart buy version to save a few bucks. F1M97UT

Here's a PDF of it showing perhaps the best pictures of it: http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c03985978.pdf

8. strikerbird

Thank you so much :)!

SB

9. strikerbird

On the HP Website it states this: Log into Windows wirelessly with NFC Technology, I was wondering if anyone has more experience how to set this up and how it work?

My Nokia Lumia 1020 has also NFC, and was hoping to make this system all work With NFC?

Many thanks,

SB

10. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

This may be aluding to the ability to tether over NFC but I really do not know since I tether to my old Palm Pre 2 with Wifi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.