New Propad 600 and Elitepad 1000!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mitchellmcd, Feb 23, 2014.

1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I thought the free lifetime 4G was on the 'home' tablets and laptops and not on the small business stuff. I was under the impression that the Elitepad 1000 came with 2 years of 4G at 200 MB per month. The Elitepad 900 is advertised as coming with lifetime service but the 1000 does not mention lifetime that I am aware of. Unless, of course, something has changed since I was shopping.

2. dceggert

HP Propad 610 up on the website now:

Tablets - Tablets, Hybrids & Chromebooks

This ought to put a bit of pressure on the new Thinkpad Tablet 10, especially the models without the digitizer. Just as a reminder, even though the 610 has the "G1" nomenclature, the new "G2" Atmel pen works with it according to Rick. Hopefully we get an ink demonstration because the Elitepad 1000 looks very promising and if the 610 G1 is similar it should be a great alternative.

Edit: more of them summarized here now:

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/ct...owPrice=&familyviewgroup=3954&viewtype=Matrix

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The G4T48UT looks like the only model to get. With the TP10 opting to forego a pen/silo combination, the Thinkpad looses that obvious advantage. If the pen is anywhere near decent, HP has a shot to sell quite a few of these, which should be available for a couple-of-hundred dollars less than a comparably equipped T10. I don't know if any artists will be tempted by an Atmel pen but note takers might. I'm assuming that Elitepad service only comes with the E1000?

4. dceggert

I don't think artists will consider it yet until it is proven beyond a doubt that the pen performance is exceptional; it isn't worth the risk of one's profession. Sketchers, note takers, or annotators would be the groups that will consider it.

There are 32-bit and x64 versions in the mix although they are not showing up in force yet.

Here is a snapshot of a comaprison between the Elitepad 900, 1000, and Pro 610:

[​IMG]

The Elitepad 1000 is slightly smaller but heavier, and the Pro 610 has a slightly larger battery but I am not sure what the run time projections are. A desktop dock is available for the 610 and it would be nice to have ports built into the device so you do not need adapters, dongles, or expansion sleeves. The Elitepad 1000 does have 128 GB of storage avalable but 64 GB is serviceable.

5. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

The price on the 610 does look tempting, but for the device to be fully useable for me, I need one full size USB 3 port built in. I take the 610 has a keyboard dock option?

6. dceggert

It looks like it is only micro-USB2 and I did not see any keyboards listed in the specs but the accessory page is not populated yet on the website. Likely it will need to be a BT keyboard.

7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Does the 1000 have a keyboard dock, or do we need a jacket to use it with a dock?

8. dceggert

The Elitepad uses the 'Productivity Jacket' which is a USB connected keyboard cover. It is rather pricey retail but can be had off eBay new, used, or in other condition for varying price scales.

bloodycape likes this.
  9. zendragon

zendragon Scribbler - Standard Member

Your link isn't working for me. Are there pricing options for the 64bit with 4gb ram? If so, what are they?

Edit* Nevermind. I finally realized the name changed and got a google search to work and found the pricing.

Also, I agree, I don't think artists by career will choose this due to the untested-ness, but, as a sketcher and note taker, I am definitely interested in the cheaper alternative if the pen is as reliable as n-trig.

Also, for those who have the elitepad 1000, I know it's not the same device but, could you test something like sketchbook or artrage just to see how the pressure sensitivity and accuracy are in those programs?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  10. th3-c7ack37

th3-c7ack37 Pen Pal - Newbie

hey regularroutine, you have your EP for a few days now. Can you write some experiences with the tablet? maybe you can give us your views of the handling, quality of the materials and the tab, performance (surfing, Office, games,....),battery and other things you like or dislike.

thanks in advance. i just want to get some litte reviews and experiences. there is almost nothing about it in the Internet.