New Project - Windows 2003 Server On tx1000

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by arvean, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arvean

arvean Pen Pal - Newbie

Heh I know, you'll probably ask why on earth you would put server on tx1000 tablet. Well I'm an IT technician in pursue of MCSE and instead of virutalization or buying a dedicated machine as a server I'm going to establish dual-boot xp/win2003 on this baby. Will keep you posted.

2. ScotchtapeLoser

ScotchtapeLoser Scribbler - Standard Member

Since Vista is based on Win Server 2003 sp1, whats the advantage other then messing around with it? If you're complaint against Vista is compatibility, then its really going to be annoying if you get 2003 on there. I know some people do not like Vista, personally I've never had a problem with it, but you have to think back that when XP first rolled out people complained about compatibility vs win 98 for the first few years too.

It shouldnt be too hard to put linux or win 2003 on the TX1000... I've put them on an old Motion Computing M1200. I'd recommend PCLinuxOS 2007.

3. arvean

arvean Pen Pal - Newbie

My reason is pure science. I need hands-on experience with server 2003 for my certification. I'd never use win 2003 as a operation system. It's just for my lab....

4. feffrey

feffrey Pen Pal - Newbie

Have fun with that :eek:
    I use Vmware on my desktop and it works great for running multiple os's at the same time.
    At one point I had a server 2k3, xp sp3, and a vista 32 all running at the same time on my xp 64 desktop. It was nice to be able to play with AD and stuff without messing up my real server :)
    did use up all 4gb of my ram and most of quad core though running all of those at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.