New possibilities with SNote, Samsung Chromebook pro and Note8?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by siddhartth, Jan 12, 2017.

1. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

SNote is the Next best thing to OneNote and Now we have a premium Samsung Chromebook pro a full fledged Wacom pen-abled laptop that can run SNote. SNote is very much able to sync your Notes between your Note8 (or Samsung S8 with Spen) via Evernote.

Thin was a huge discussion about which is the best smart phone Companion for Surfacepro 4. May be now the question we should ask is - Is not this Chromebook by Samsung, probably the best Notebook/slate companion for Note8.

Bronsky likes this.
  2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Any reason why you think that way?

Sent from mTalk

3. siddhartth

I just made the case for samsung's chromebook, explaining why i think that way. Can you be more specific? I don't think i understand your question.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

For those of us that must run legacy Windows programs (for me, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Wordperfect & full version Office Apps), a Chrome book is an unacceptable substitute for a main notebook or 2-in-1. How long, however, before Chrome is able to run x86 emulation on ARM like W10?

5. siddhartth

I can see why, one's note taking machine should be in the same ecosystem. So i guess nothing short of a wacom enabled windows laptop can suffice ur needs.

May be what samsung needs to do is make a windows version of the Spen laptop.

One more thing i found a lil bit uncomfortable about the samsung cromebook pro is the fact that, it's not using the same digitizer and pen that note7 used, it's not the same 0.7mm tip.

May be @Shogmaster or someone who checked out the CES can verify if that's true.

Also throw some light on how good is parallax and IAF on Samsung chromebooks.

And you are right about chromebooks (or Andromedabook).

Eventhough, I am excited about Google Andomeda laptops too, but i doubt Google can convince wacom to lend it's best consumer level digitizer to it, without offending the long term partner samsung.

And even if the pen tech is as good as Note7 in Andomeda laptops, the lack of mainstream professional softwares from Microsoft and Adobe etc will make these laptops a tough sell. The "boring" iPhone7 has been a commercial hit while the "amazing" Google Pixel, had underwhelming sales. It's still the Apps and third party software that guides consumers.

Google's Gsuite is hardly MSoffice

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  6. djas

djas Graffiti User