New Pavilion x2 Detachable 2014 model

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kitenski, Oct 2, 2014.

1. kitenski

kitenski Pen Pal - Newbie

One of these is on it's way to me as a type (here in the UK).

On browsing the USA store I am very pleased to see HP listing an active stylus, I can't see any details of that on the HP UK site, so am hoping when this ships in the USA the part number will become available.

HP Blurb

The tablet that doubles as a notebook.
    Ultra-portable and incredibly affordable, the HP Pavilion x2 transforms from a tablet to a notebook in a snap. With the power of Windows 8.1 you need for work, and the tablet you want to stay entertained, it goes with you everywhere at a price that's just right.
    • Windows 8.1 with Bing 32
    • Intel® Atom™ Z3736F
    • 25.7 cm (10.1") diagonal HD Touchscreen (1280 x 800)
    • Serious staying power with up to 11 hours battery life
    • Detachable keyboard and integrated soft cover
    [​IMG]

USA link http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/static/page-pavilionx2

UK link http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=K1P71EA&opt=ABU&sel=PCNB

2. Sladsit

Sladsit Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope that the tablet really support an active stylus. The hp support in Germany couldn't tell me if it is supported by the German x2.

3. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Last I heard the pen is the same one offered in Dell Venue 8 and 11 line, i.e. Synaptic. Maybe it will be better in the HP implementation, but that is yet to have been seen, and I'd be curious to know why they moved away from Atmel pens(which from what I have read here, is better for note taking than Synaptic's solution). It's also a shame to see resolution is 720p and not at least 1600x900.

4. inteks

inteks Pen Pal - Newbie

i can confirm the german model works fine with a dell active stylus ;)

5. Alchemist

Alchemist Scribbler - Standard Member

I can confirm that the Dell Stylus (for the Venue Pro line) is recognized and works on the HP X2 10.1.

I also noticed an issue with flex... you can flex/bend the tablet enough to ripple the screen. You can also cause certain areas of the screen to ripple if you push from behind. Its not the worst rippling i've seen but its not the best by a long shot either.

6. Alchemist

Alchemist Scribbler - Standard Member

I have an option to get either the HP X2 10" model or a Toshiba Encore 2 10". Having trouble choosing so thought id post here and see what people think about it.

On paper the HP X2 wins. 2gb of memory, detachable keyboard, pen support (especially as I have Dell devices and a couple pens already) and full size USB port. But the toshiba case design is smooth and ipad like... not the bands of faux speaker grill down the left and right edge to collect dust/dirt. Anyone care to chime in the virtues or vices of the X2?

7. Giacomo UCDS

Giacomo UCDS Tablet PC addicted

I used the Pavilion 10 x2 (I posted my full review in Italian language on Tablet PC Italia, you can find it here: http://www.tabletpc.it/it/2014/12/08/hp-pavilion-10k000nl-x2-review-recensione-italia/) and the Toshiba Encore 2. In my opinion the x2 is far superior from a productivity point of view (2 GB of RAM, keyboard, full-size USB, Synaptics) but the building quality is very far from perfection. It reminds me the first-generation Asus T100, with a low-quality plastic case.

VICES:

• Low-quality plastic case
    • No WWAN options, one USB 2.0, no dual-band WiFi
    • 32 GB eMMC
    • Good-but-not-great-brightness; glossy screen
    • Keyboard stand good for static/desk use, but not for a lap-top use
    VIRTUES

• Physical keyboard
    • IPS screen
    • Very good battery life
    • Silent
    • Full-size USB
    • Synaptics pen support
    • Light, thin
    • Pretty cheap
    • Office 365 Personal
    In few words, the Pavilion 10 x2 is good but not great; it is not a device you can fall in love with, but can be a good work companion.

8. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

In January will be released the Wacom digitizer version of Toshiba encore 2 10"
    Synaptic is deal breaker if that's the stylus hp use in hp x2

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

9. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

I had ordered the 64gb model from amazon and it came in today but w/o the keyboard... I contacted them and they are replacing my order, but I did get get to play with the tablet part today. Seemed like a good little tablet, in my opinion, better than the T100. I personally like the fact that the USB port is on the tablet (not a dock) and that its not glossy plastic. I really hope the keyboard is half decent though, I plan to use this as my coffee shop computer.

I have a dell stylus that has been laying around since I sold my venue 11 and 8. I know the performance will be eh, but I am not an artist and it would be more of a party trick anyway. Also my daughter likes to draw, so I can use it to keep her occupied.

10. kitenski

kitenski Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone use a pen to take notes in OneNote (or similiar app)? Wondering what the performance is like???