New P100 owner

Discussion in 'LG' started by HappyHarry42, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Shiggy

Shiggy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    I just bought one of these little machines and thought I'd add some info.
    Firstly a warning. Do not attempt to install 64 bit vista on it. I found out after doing this that the fujitsu touch digitiser does not support 64 bit (ie they haven't written software for it yet).
    I ended up using the LG restore disk which to my delight did not load any bloatware, it simply restored windows (preactivated).

I've opened up the keyboard to check the ram after the bios told me it had only one slot used at 2gb. It has a hynix 2g sodimm and space for another sodimm (unlike the C1's use of microdimm). So I've ordered a 2gb hynix DDR2 667 sodimm for it.

The screen is wonderful. My flatmate just bought an HP tx2500 a few days before I got the LG so I was able to have a look at it. I found the LG screen much better to look at with stronger colours and slightly better viewing angles.

I have currently only tried FFXI in terms of games, using the wireless. It runs it flawlessly (though it is an old game :p). The machine runs well without much heat, even in silent fan mode.

Both batteries offer an extremely lightweight tablet. It is not heavy enough to task the arm at all and is easily held in one hand. The larger 6 cell battery also acts as a handhold. The 3 cell is giving about 2 hours and the 6 cell about 5-6 hours.

The size fits perfectly into a 12" Powerbook sleeve (I found the 13" ones commonly available now too large).

It even has a scroll bar in the form of two touch lines on the touchpad.

Overall I'm thrilled with it. It's well built and light. Its pleasing to the eye and quite powerful for its class.

2. everbrave

everbrave Pen Pal - Newbie

Shiggy, where did you buy the P100? In Seoul they told me that they are discontinued.

3. HappyHarry42

HappyHarry42 Pen Pal - Newbie

Congratulations Shiggy on being the proud new owner of a P100! Great review as well. I have been looking into getting one and your comments are helpful. Funny coincidence is the marketing company I work for is actually running a campaign for ExpoTV.com, a consumer video review site. Consumers review all types of products, but are especially known for the reviews of electronic products. You can go check out the site here
    www.youcastcorp.com/rd/rd.php?u=http://expotv.com. If you post some of your own reviews you can make a little money and also have the chance to win some prizes and cash through a program ExpoTV is currently running.