New Motion LE1600 Tablet PC (details, pics)

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by centaur8, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

New Motion LE1600 Tablet PC

A member of Tablet PC Buzz has submitted a scanned photoof the new LE1600Tablet PC from Motion Computing:

[​IMG]

"Forum member fpanagak just received his copy of Laptop Magazine and has posted a scanned image of an article where they discuss Motion's newest Tablet PC, the LE1600.

Reading from the image, it would appear that this new tablet has 3 microphones, since they say that it has an extra one (the M1400 has 2) for improved voice recognition. It also appears it will be sonoma based since they mention a second-generation Centrino. Also from the article, it would appear that the hardtop keyboard has been reengineered to be more notebook-like. What really struck me was the DVI port. If true, I think Motion would be the first tablet pc with a DVI port, something I think would be very much needed by the medical industry.

Nothing has been announced or posted on Motion's site yet..."

[​IMG]

Full Story Link: http://www.tabletpcbuzz.com/[/font]

Barry

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It seems to me Motion is on the outside looking in. With renewed interest from the major players and poor distribution, I just don't see how Motion can hold out a whole lot longer. On their own anyway...

3. Barry J. Doyle

No doubt,

Unless Motion caters to some special market, they will surely take a pounding by Toshiba, HP, Fujitsu and IBM. The focus on Tablet PC models has definately shifted to the long-standing brands.

4. arclite

arclite Pen Pal - Newbie

DVI is interesting. It is the way of the future, I hope all PC Maker in any sector should start utlizing them as standards.

5. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

DVI will be standard, but not for a few years still I bet. There's just not enough market penetration yet and notebook/tablet makers can't offer both ports.

6. arclite

arclite Pen Pal - Newbie

DVI to Analog converter are no more than $5. Going the other way requires $300+ converter.

DVI signal already contains the Analog signals so it can be considered as duality feature.

With that said, offering DVI only seems a logical offering. That's how Apple's Powerbooks are doing it.

7. Andrew

Andrew Just a Guy Staff Member

so Laptop Mag blew the LifeDrive press release date and this press release date, what gives man? how is it okay for them to ignore NDA agreements because they send out a "June Magazine" in May? And furthermore, where the heck is my copy of this magazine if so many people have gotten theirs already, LOL :D

8. Barry J. Doyle

Maybe it was stolen out of your mailbox! LOL

9. centaur8

centaur8 Pen Pal - Newbie