New model TM2 in the works!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by kingofmyworld324, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

I saw that too. Either a misprint, or HP is planning on releasing a Bluray Module for the TX2....
    Most likely just a misprint.

Though I had some issues with my Tx2 earlier this week, when i realized that installing all the updates AND MS office, 25Gigs was not enough for an OS partition (Partition became 10mb from full, tablet started not registering keystrokes/inkstrokes as frequently as once every 3-4 seconds)

When i was on the phone with HP support, I did inquire about the TM2, The guy told me that they are planning on making it similar in design and function to the Tx2, because they have apparently had extraordinary success with it.

2. ColorPrint

ColorPrint Pen Pal - Newbie

BTW, the full model name will be "HP TouchSmart tm2" :)

3. REMF

REMF Pen Pal - Newbie

hmmm, does that mean they intend to officially continue with two multimedia tablet lines, rather than just continue to sell remaining stock of older discontinued models?

4. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

I think so, if I understood you correctly.

And why not? If they are experiencing success with the multimedia consumer friendly tablet, and MicroSith is still pressing the pros of tablet pcs to the general market...

It only makes sense to continue to develop and expand on their success with newer, tastier machines.

5. REMF

REMF Pen Pal - Newbie

so that begs the question, what will differentiate it from the TX2?

i hope it is a smaller chassis and 11.6" screen, anything bigger is of zero interest to me.

6. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

hmm....HP juz announced a host of notebooks....and none's a tablet....-_-

7. kingofmyworld324

kingofmyworld324 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I saw a bunch of new notebooks but not the tm2 :(

8. creepinshadow24/7

creepinshadow24/7 Pen Pal - Newbie

as i see it, there's a VISION premium branding on that tx2, and then telling from the posts on engadget and here they'll be based on

And i guess the tx2 won't be classified as an ultrathin, the dv2 is ultrathin though.

so what i predict is practically the same cpus with 45nm and a bumped GPU (the 4200)

it all starts making sense now, and they wouldn't need to announce something like that as it isn't really a new prodcut, just a bump of specs, that's why you won't find it in the press announcments.

the tm2 though really seems like a competitor to the eee touchscreen notebook i believe, as it most probably will ship with atom. but that's just my wild guessing on this part, the tx2 prediction makes total sense though. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. REMF

REMF Pen Pal - Newbie

if the TM2 uses the Congo 2nd Gen Ultra-thin platform and has a small chassis i will be all over it.

but i do want to know if Congo supports OpenCL first.

10. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

i'm thinking that there might be two tm2 models, an intel and an amd one, from the listing on notebook review that had listed the new product models, there were two listings for the tm2, and if assuming it is anything similar to the dm3 it should sport the Athlon Neo X2 dual-core CPU w/ the HD Radeon 3200 or Pentium SU4100 with integrated graphics....off course this is PURELY speculation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015