New model TM2 in the works!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by kingofmyworld324, Sep 7, 2009.

1. kingofmyworld324

kingofmyworld324 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just read that there is gonna be a new tablet from hp called the TM2.

What do you guys expect from the new model? Lets speculate.

I'll go first: I think it'll be similar to the tx2 but may have a different processor. I hope it will be faster than the god awful tx2500 that I have right now. I can't stand when youtube videos stutter on this thing. I also hope the TM2 runs cooler. My sister just got a Toshiba laptop (not a tablet) for $299 and it plays youtube hd perfectly! And the fan barely turns up, all on balanced power mind you!

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

My guess is that its probably going to pull quite a bit from the design and features of the dv2 probably loosing the internal optical drive, including a USB/eSATA combo port, LED backlit display, probably a new video card (like, or better than the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3410 Graphics in the dv2)

On the other hand, I don't think its going to switch to the AMD neo like the dv2, considering that they are changing the name from tx to tm, this might be their chance to do something dramatic and switch to Intel processors, unfortunately that would probably also result to a switch to the inferior gfx chips intel has been running with their smaller notebooks.

3. kingofmyworld324

Oh maybe the M in TM2 means mini. Just a thought hehe. I agree with the eSata and led display. Is the neo a better performer though? Have you tried it? I am sick of the poor performance of my tablet.

4. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

Hopefully it'll be thin and light. It'll probably come with ULV CPU. A slot loading DVD drive would be nice too. LED screen and a more sensitive touch screen for Win7 usefullness.

5. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

It's quite possible that it's just a upgraded TX2 model to include a possible switch from AMD to Intel's new Core i5/i7 processor lineup. I wouldn't be suprised to see Wacom's capacitive touch screen introduced as well.

6. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Agreed. That would be the best upgrade. Wacom, Intel, LED backlighting.

Perhaps a 13" w 1366 x 768 would be nice.

7. kingofmyworld324

Maybe an hdmi port. I was hoping for blu ray but apparently there is not going to be an optical drive. Thats gonna make installing OSs a bit of a pain.

8. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

No optical drive....

This is making me think it is possibly not a TX series, as most consumer computers have the basic requirement of having one installed.

As for Blu ray, don't get your hopes up until we see a tablet with discrete graphics and at least 1680x1050 resolution (15" tablet anyone?) to make full use of high definition videos. I know someone is going to rebuttal about storage rather then videos, but the cost of a blu ray burner and media is too high nowadays to make economical sense when compared to flash.

9. kingofmyworld324

True, and I guess digital downloads will kill blu ray, but the video quality on them blow my hd digital cable out of the water. I was thinking of getting a ps3 but now I'm waiting it out.
    Does the resolution have to be that high on the laptop itself? I would use hdmi out to my 46in lcd.

10. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Intel chip, Discrete Graphics, Good Quality Panel (anyone tried painting stuff on their TXes? It's a killer...).

Pls juz give me tis 3 improvements, I'll die in peace and be in tablet heaven....