NEW model HP Compaq 2710p - post details here

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Michael-P, May 23, 2007.

1. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

old thread:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=427
    goolge has plenty of siteing comparing them too.

depending on exactly what hdd you have in here the performance may or may not be noticiable.

for me i'll be missingthe touchad and the built in optical. (both features the 2510p has!

2. d_lomanto

d_lomanto Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you for the link.

So it looks like the 4200 rpm drive is a potential cause for concern. Guess I'll wait to see what Dell comes up with later in the year but based on the video posted in this forum last week, it looks super thin as well and likely a 4200 drive.

3. Michael-P

Michael-P Pen Pal - Newbie

i have some questions about the used processor,
    this ulv core2duo-what performance does it have, how does it comapre to a t5600 or even a t7200,any benchmarks?
    does anybody know how it could perform with a dedicated graphics card(Asus XG Station).
    I read sth about the e4300-it uses 10watts , when it is underclocking itself-and guess what-it then clocks 1ghz.... it is really a shame, that intel sells the U7XXX series this way.why not using a cheaper l or t series processor and running it at 1ghz default :confused:

4 or more hours of usage should not be a problem with the 2710p-it is really nothing special...it would be special with a t series processor,of course.